acdii

2013 Fusion Hybrid poor Fuel Economy issue

I too am getting no where near the 47 mpg that Ford uses in their advertisements.

I have 7000 miles on my 2013 Ford Fusion. I am lucky to get 37 mpg. I took it into the dealer who did a fuel economy test of their own. They got 34.7 mpg, the dealer, not me. And they told me that the car test normal and there is nothing they can do. So, running normally, I am told that I can expect 34.7.

Called Ford Customer Service to express my dissatisfaction with the gas mileage. Was told that the gas mileage varies due to the way the car is driven. When I told Ford it was the dealer that got 34.7 not me, they just said there was nothing they could do. They said that it is the EPA that says the car gets 47 mpg not them. What a cop out. They use it to sell the car and hide behind it when their cars underperform.

To me this car is a lemon. 20% less gas mileage than advertised. My family has been buying Ford products for over 50 years. It is a shame that Ford does not stand behind their products anymore.

Is this your first hybrid? It definitely takes a change in driving habits to get the best MPG, and if you have a lot of short trips when the car is cold that really makes it tough. One would *think* that the dealer's would know how to get good MPG when driving but I'm not so sure.

Where are you located in VA? I am in Stafford County but work near Dulles.

So 20% under is normal? I can see 10% as normal, but 20%? Looking back at the tests they performed on my other car(mentioned above), they drove the car so much that everything was warmed up, and was equivalent to me driving 4 hours. What is interesting is my normal driving in the replacement exceeds what they got during their long tests in that other car. It is really interesting that there are still some under performers even after the bugs were worked out.

I love my Ford, but HATE FORD relations!

It probably did, however, 39 MPG isnt that bad compared to a few others who cant even break 34. I know for my daily drive, I expected anywhere from 38-43 MPG for the new FFH, and it is doing exactly that. I am also seeing a large difference between winter and summer, just not as large as you, seeing about a 7 MPG difference, 36 and 43. It has been much colder than before, so taking the 36 in stride, after all most mornings have been sub zero and any car has to struggle in that kind of cold.