acdii

Yah Think?

I looked at the shutters today while I was waiting for my wife and they were closed. Going to see if I can pick up some thin lexan and make a grill cover, see if it helps any. Today was a good day, car was toasty warm, finally, gas mileage was up 4 MPG, and my feet were warm. Its hovering around 36 MPG now so the trip is up by 2 MPG over previous tanks. I am being a bit more aggressive with the throttle, maybe I have been too lax, and it doesn't like it. Still not up to where it should be when compared to the other hybrids, but still a bit better than it has been.

Got a note from Trina, and finally got my case number and should hear something soon from them over my concerns, which basically is, still no answer as to the fouled plugs, the way it has to be driven to get 40 MPG is unsafe, and unrealistic, and my road tests of other Fusion/Cmax confirmed that I dont have to drive like that to get 40 MPG.

Keeping fingers crossed this can be resolved.

Again, in the 2010-12 FFH, there are 6 different fuel use calculations.

1) "Long Term Fuel Economy" is displayed on the trip summary at shutdown. It is re-settable in the set up menu. It need not be "lifetime". The longer you don't reset it, the less information it provides. I reset mine at 10,000 mile oil changes and record in the maintenance log the mpg of the previous interval.

2) "Trip Summary - Fuel Economy" is displayed on shutdown and is self explanatory

3) " Avg. MPG" displayed on the dash is re-settable. I usually do it at tank-up

4) The instantaneous "MPG" gauge is self explanatory.

5) The selectable "Bar Graphs" give you short term mpg.

6) "miles to E" on the dash is calculated from the last 500 miles and an algorithm that can play catch up to predict when you will have about 1 gallon left in the tank . The algorithm comes into play when your fuel economy varies a lot near the end of the tank of gas.

All these calculations ARE DIFFERENT and give you enormous data on performance. I recommend operating them as I do.

I think the 2013 FFH has very similar features.

Edited by lolder