lmp180psu

EV+ mode not recognizing my house or work

I have not seen the + sign yet but I will see if it shows up. I have about 2000 miles on the car and do not remember seeing it yet.

The below is from page 152 of the owner's manual. From the last line below, this means that when a tripis reset it clears them out (or starts them at square one which might prevent them from being remembered)? Don't know if I'm understanding it correctly.

EV+ Mode

Your vehicle recognizes your frequent destinations and allows for more EV driving as you approach them. For example, when nearing your home it should be easier to stay in electric mode. The EV indicator displays EV+ when this mode is active. Frequent destinations are learned by your vehicle. These locations can be cleared through the information display. The EV+ feature can also be turned off. See Information Displays (page 84).

The EV mode usage changes are based on the following criteria:

• 1/4 mile (400 meters) from a familiar destination, your vehicle will begin to use more EV driving.

• 1/8 mile (200 meters) from a familiar destination, your vehicle will use as much EV driving as permitted by EV+.

• Infrequent destinations have no increase in EV driving.

Note: Learning frequent destination takes approximately two to four weeks of use.

Note: Familiar destination locations are reset through the information display when the trip information is reset.

If you reset both trips, then it has to relearn. As long as one Trip is still going, it will continue to know.

Mine will be in EV until I pull out of my drive way, unless dummy me forgets to turn the HVAC off before shutting the car off the night before.

As long as one trip is kept unchanged it will maintain the EV+ settings.

Surprisingly enough mine picked up my house in under a week. I haven't looked to see if my work is EV+ yet.

Yeah, the one I had was locked onto my dealership, house, and work. I think it memorizes each place the ignition was turned off multiple times, and does use GPS. Keep in mind even non nav units have GPS for the Sync 911 services.