Fastronaut

The Scoop on JOB2 Start Date for 2013 - Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Energi

You know that saying, you dont know a good thing until it's gone? Looks like thats what Ford will experience here with the delays.

Here is some news that makes total sense. I stopped at a different dealer and the salesman is a total car guy! He was up front on the hybrid when I asked to take it for a drive saying that it wont get the 47 MPG, blah blah blah, but he was honest and right on the money. We went on a test drive, and found the one they have which was built in December is a bit easier to get 40 MPG in, but anyway, to make it seem like I was interested and not just there to drive the car, I inquired about the Titanium trim as what I was interested in.

He made a few good points that make total sense. The factory making the battery packs is at max capacity since they are used in the Cmax line, the Fusion line and the MKZ line, which just recently started the MKZ Hybrid production. There is a good chance Ford is holding back starting production on the HyTi due to lack of battery packs. This would also explain the startup of the Energi Ti now since it uses a different pack than the others and have a good supply of them on hand.

Supply and demand, demand of the Hybrid must have been higher than expected and cant keep up with production. At this point, just do what my service manager told me with my car....just be patient, Ford will fix it.

BTW the one I tested did not have Nav so it had the latest MFT which has the hybrid display, Very Nice, wishing I had it in mine.

Edited by acdii

The battery plant is at "full Capacity".

Sorry couldnt help myself, I just felt all charged up to say it. It electrifies me.