Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Need subjects for an experiment

Using the RPM gauge on the MyView, do a drive of about 20 miles keeping engine RPM's 2000 or less, driving up to 55 MPH and report your summary. Curious how a properly running car will do.

Mixed driving, city/highway, max speed 55 though. Key here is not to exceed 55 MPH or 2000 RPMs. It is not easy to do, but it did show me the best MPG on this car since I got it.

Yeah I am trying very hard to this week to stay at it, but thats a long time on one tank! LOL

Holy crap, best I can get is 41, and that is keeping it 2K or below, mostly below. I also have my tires at 40 PSI instead of 34. OK thanks guys, glad to see better than 47 with this method for most.

Here is what I discovered so far, at or below 63 MPH its best to drive without any cruise, use it above 63. Accelerate very gently, 2000 RPM or less,and watch your SOC, when you get between 1/2 and 3/4 thats when to switch to EV, and glide until 1/4 SOC or when ICE kicks in.

I think I will see if the dealer has a Cmax on the lot, and see about taking it for a trip like this and then the same trip in the Fusion with them and compare.

I can always best the Ecocruise, that was my first clue that something is not right with my car, when I couldn't beat it. Now that I see what this car can do, I KNOW something is wrong with it, but Ford is unwilling to admit it and find the problem, That has got me pissed!

Not what I would consider my "dream" car. LMAO :hysterical2: