salprint

My Ford Touch Update

oh I sure hope it fixes some issues I have with mine. Sometimes it doesnt respond to touch, other times it is really slow. the weather map sometimes doesnt show anything at all, sometimes it splits the screen, and other times its fine. Sometimes I just want to punch the flipping thing.

The 2010 has that screen, I looked all over when I first got in the car for it, and was surprised it wasnt there. Good to know it is being added, but seems like an after thought. I wonder what else they forgot.

BTW, forgot to mention, Dont trust the nav to find a faster path. It took me off the main highways, down rural roads, to save 15 minutes, then I had to wait 30 minutes for a damned Ferry, which had it been after 9:30 at night, would have caused me to turn around, since it stopped running after that time.

But thats not the best part. After we got across the river, the next road it wanted me to turn on came up as an unknown road, and it said, travel at your own risk. WTF? HUH? It was a dark stormy night too. Thankfully I had a Tom Tom which led me back to the main highway again.

mine has NAV, so I have to wait. I dont know why they didn't do that from the start. Would be nice to know what is draining the battery when parked. I have everything turned off, and the down arrow under the battery is lit. Stupid weather doesnt work either. Only once did it actually show the rain on the map, and then on a refresh, it split up, half was one size, the rest was something else, and today, nothing.

If you dont have the latest 3.5.1 software and you do have Nav, just take it into your dealer and tell them you are having problems with myford touch and the Nav and tell them to update to the newest version and supply a new A4 Nav card. There is a TSB out for it, Dealer will do it if you take it in, or you can elect to wait until they make the update available via syncmyride website and send you a new A4 card.

Here is the TSB......dealer can not refuse to update the software or give you a new A4 card.....

Print this, take it with you, tell them to do it....

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1257774/tsb12-11-01.pdf

NOTE
THIS PROCEDURE DOES NOT APPLY TO
FOCUS BATTERY ELECTRIC VEHICLES (BEV)
AND FUSION HYBRID VEHICLES DUE TO
UNIQUE SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS.
They already checked, there is an update in the works, but they don't have it yet for the Hybrids.