Nmadole

Fuel Efficency of the ICE

Nope, sorry not in our cars. With a near full pack, its still only around 30 MPG. Compared to the 2010, it is way below where is should be on the scale. When backing off the throttle and before it kicks to EV, the bar should be going up, but it doesnt, it kicks right into EV, and as soon as you give it a touch to maintain the speed, it kicks back to ICE, and back to 30 MPG or less. Not sure what it is yet, but something is holding the car back, either the tires, or something in the driveline thats causing excessive drag. When I take my foot off, it slows down quickly, and the upper arrow above the battery is not lit up. I have a lot of pics I took of the dash readout in my 2010, to prove I know how to drive a Hybrid, the new one really is no different than the other ones, only that the pack is Lion and not NImH, and it can be EV at 62 instead of 45, but the same driving techniques apply to it, but it likes longer braking than the older ones.

Yep, and found nothing. I did notice there is a draw on the traction battery while in park with everything off except ignition. The discharge arrow was showing, which seems a bit odd.

Here is my summary when I got home. I didn't think about it, but should have taken a pic of each summary when I stopped to fill up or get coffee.

This is using the ACC set to 62 for a good portion and 65 the rest. 62-65 had the exact same results.

post-5752-0-78491500-1355630946_thumb.jpg

This is the most I see during the trip when at 65, it never goes any higher than just under 40 except when going downhill and its braking.

post-5752-0-66821900-1355631176_thumb.jpg

Pardon my ignorance. What does ICE stand for?

ICE - Internal Combustion Engine

EV - Electric Vehicle (mode)

HVB - High Voltage Battery (big one under trunk)

12v - 12v battery (little one in side of trunk)

SOC - State Of Charge

Edited by jeff_h

There are times and certain roads that if I let the car stay one ICE and get the pack charged up I see 40-50 on the instant while doing 55. Drawback is that the time it took to get up to that charge I was doing 20 MPG so in reality I was getting about 30 MPG.