acdii

Consumer Reports, not to nice review

CR doesnt use the same testing that the EPA does. They test it on an outdoor track, in varying temps, with pump gas, so if they test it with winter blend on a cold day, uh, yeah, they will get poor results. DUH.

Some drivers are doing OK with their Fusions, while others, like me, who IS an accomplished Hybrid driver can barely get 36 in them. Ford is ignoring it too. They had better step up, or I will go elsewhere for a car.

Seeing what you are getting, just P1$$3s me off even more, thats what I should be getting, if not better, especially since the temps are in the 70's here. I have over 2100 miles on mine so far, and the MPG has not improved at all. I had 3 people come up and asked how I like the car, and I told them its a POS. Dont bother looking at them.

Up until recently, like this last week, I would have raved and damn near driven them to the dealer for a Ford, but not now. I may take it to the local dealer here, for the problem, so it is recorded for the Lemon law process, instead of adding 1300 more miles to take it to my dealer back home.

I enjoy driving it, but hate that damned myford touch, it is a POS. Stupid thing, the weather doesnt work, it takes forever at times to enter information, and the NAV sent us on a path that thankfully I had a TomTom with me that got us back on the main highway.

The dealer down in Fl blew me off, Ford reps, who responded quickly when I had an issue with the F150, have ignored me. Been having problems with the front sensors going off for no reason, while moving and nothing in front of me, BEEP BEEP BEEP. The Adaptive cruise slams on the brakes when the sensor gets blasted with spray.

So until Ford fixes or replaces this car with one that gives me what I paid for, a Hybrid that gets 47 MPG, I will not be so nice about it. I can't recommend something like this to anyone, no matter how nice the car is.

38 is a far cry from 47. My 2010 has a better chance of getting 47 than this car can.

post-5752-0-02802500-1355630047_thumb.jpg

Edited by acdii

Ran across a different review on the 13 Fusion H. This time from Edmunds,

EPA MPG vs. Real-World MPG

With regard to fuel efficiency, the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid averaged 40.2 mpg in our 818 miles of varied driving. Yes, that's below the combined EPA figure of 47 mpg, but much of our driving took place on freeways at speeds between 65 mph and 75 mph, where the electric assist seldom kicks in. That leaves the 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine to do all the work. This new power plant, which produces 141 hp at 6,000 rpm, is said to be 10 percent more efficient than a traditional 2.0-liter, but it's working relatively hard to sustain the Fusion Hybrid at those freeway speeds.

2013_ford_fusion-hybrid_actr34_ft_1016121_276.jpg

So is the EPA highway figure of 47 mpg inflated? We think not. Had we driven the Fusion Hybrid more in the neighborhood of posted (as opposed to actual) highway speeds, the 118-hp permanent-magnet electric motor — which can now bring the car up to 62 mph without the help of internal combustion — would have kicked in more often and consequently improved fuel economy to be more in line with actual EPA figures. A higher ratio of around-town driving would have had a similar effect.

http://www.insideline.com/ford/fusion-hybrid/2013/2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-se-full-test.html