Sign in to follow this  
coach81

Update

I was wondering what happened with your pending purchase... I don't normally trade in the former car (sell privately) as a dealer might give a good number on the trade-in but then not come down as much on the new car, in order to compensate. Hopefully you get a good deal on both sides!

OK, then the race is on! I ordered on 10/10 so I have a head start, but you never know how these things work and you might actually get yours first, who knows...

So what is your latest Jeff?

Still watching order #1 for the SE Hybrid that I will not byu but will still go take a quick look at for a "quick fix" until the other one arrives. On this one, the build week was Dec 3rd and the window sticker finally showed up online with date on lower right of 11-30-2012....then yesterday I pulled up the window sticker again and the date had changed to 12-05-2012, so looks like it has slipped a bit but no worries, just watching it for curiosity.

Order #2 for the Titanium Hybrid was placed on Nov 8th, is in "unscheduled-material hold" as is the case for 4-5 others here on the forum, latest date I've seen for the build to start is Jan 7th, will ask cyberdman for an update in a couple weeks to see if I have a VIN or build week.

So just sitting here watching others get their cars, too slowly for most of them due to the current delays, but placing a retail order means having patience and the only way around that is to visit dealers in person and grab whatever they have on the lot -- definitely not for me, I'll wait and be happy every day for the 3-4 years after delivery that I got my car exactly as I wanted.

That 12/05 date is the actual date the sticker was created. The actual build date follows shortly - usually a week give or take.

Actually it was created on 11/30, I think I have a saved PDF of that at home... but now it says 12/05, so I think I got pushed back to make room for some of you fine people who are getting high priority re-do orders, who knows? Either way I'm no longer going to buy that one, but still want to go see it and take a quick test drive.

I just talked to different dealers and played them off one another, I think I could have gotten more, but I was just tired of dealing at that point. There's a point where my time is worth more than 100 dollars. I'm not a-x plan or anything. Costco is just invoice pricing.

I did the same, gave several dealers the specs of what I wanted to order and said I was ready to place the order right away... among 4 dealers there was a span of $1,700, with the lowest being $120 over invoice, and I'm fine with that. The sad thing is that the guy who was $1,700 higher was the salesman that we bought a car from just a couple weeks earlier -- I guess their management thought that I would just go back there by default, but instead I said thanks for the previous good deal and buh-bye.

Think I saw on the BOF that you now have an ETA of Dec 26th??? I hope so!!!! Keep me updated!!! Congrats!!!

Well not exactly... that's the original order for the SE Hybrid, I since changed to the Titanium Hybrid and the original order will be sold as dealer stock. But I'm still planning to go take a quick look at it, if it doesn't get sold before I can get there. When they placed my retail order they also placed a stock order with an identical config and last 6 of the VIN is one digit off, that's been listed on the dealer's site for the past couple weeks but is now gone.

Well not exactly... that's the original order for the SE Hybrid, I since changed to the Titanium Hybrid and the original order will be sold as dealer stock. But I'm still planning to go take a quick look at it, if it doesn't get sold before I can get there. When they placed my retail order they also placed a stock order with an identical config and last 6 of the VIN is one digit off, that's been listed on the dealer's site for the past couple weeks but is now gone.

Update - went by the dealer this evening (is 50 miles away and the opposite way from the long commute so it's not a quick pop over there) as we were in that neck of the woods. The Ruby Red SE Hybrid (the one digit off) that had disappeared from dealer's online inventory a couple weeks ago has now shown back up online, this is the one that is the exact config as my first order, was built a week after my first order and yet there it is sitting on the dealer lot along with 4 other SE hybrids and now about a dozen other Fusions. My original had ETA of 26-Dec per Cyberdman but was not anywhere at the dealers... however, one of those that are now on the dealer's lot is a SE model that was built in September and I assume was one that had issues since it has writing on the back window (surprised they didn't clean it off during PDI, I sure would) about 'hold' and 'EVAP' and then 'suerte' so I guess it was Hermosillo scribble....when I get down there next time if it's still there I'm definitely taking a picture.

So anyway, some of the "TBD" logjam appears to have been broken up, unfortunately not also for a few here on our forums that have been waiting for a long time!