Sign in to follow this  
Fastronaut

How to Check on Ford Order Nmber

If you have placed an order, the dealer should have given you a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) and the dealer number and order number are each listed on there... I posted my VOC in another thread here somewhere - do you have a printout like that?

just called my salesman and asked for order number, dealer number, and VOC..

And did they give you the info? The salesman at my dealer has my stuff in a folder (has several folders for different pending sales orders) and could give me the info in under 30 seconds...hopefully they didn't say humma humma humma we'll have to get back to you, if they don't have your info handy that's not very assuring -- so they provided the info, right?

Go on the Ford site and open a chat window, give them the order number and the dealer ID. They will gladly check the status of your order. They can give you the VIN, ETA and current status as soon as it's available. I contacted them several times during the process. They were very helpful. Last week my car went from ordering process to production. Hope this helps. The chat window will come up while your checking out the Ford site. I think it's available monday thru friday from 9-5. Hope this helps

Thanks Ric - I didn't know about this feature. When you complete the build & price function, using Firefox there is a link on the top left for "change vehicle" however when using IE (which I don't normally use) there is a link for both "change vehicle" and also one for "chat" which will launch the chat, and it only took a few minutes, see below.

Kathryn: Hello Jeff. How may I assist you today?

Jeff: I have a retail order placed for a 2013 Fusion Hybrid, Dealer F27494 Order D125, do you have access to the ordering system to see if it has a VIN or build date?

Kathryn: I am happy to assist you with your order status today Jeff. I am able to give general details and a VIN if one is available. One moment please.

Kathryn: At this time your order is status still shows "In Order Processing" with no estimated time of arrival available as of yet. There is no VIN assigned at this time either. The VIN is generally assigned when the build date is determined.

Grats guys!!!  I finally got my order number, body number and dealer ID yesterday, called the ford motor co and was told it is still "processing"... so I have a feeling I will be waiting for quite a while...  it was ordered on the 26th...

BTW I registered at "blue oval forums" but the forum where you can find out about your vehicle is for "ford employees only" so how do you guys find out about your orders???

Link is below, but make sure you read and follow the rules about bumping within the same thread, don't ask again within 2 weeks if you are still 'unscheduled - clean', etc.  Rules are at the sticky thread at the top of the below link.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

Edited by jeff_h

I see you posted but you did it incorrectly... you added a note onto the bottom of his pinned instructional thread. You should have started a new thread in that forum for your vehicle - and the dealer code you posted does not look correct, look through the other threads in that forum to note that the dealer codes are normally an 'F' then 5 numbers.