GreatLakes

Cooling system stinks up car even in winter

You need to locate the intake and spray a heavy dose of lysol in it while the system is running in the position is smells in. I dont know where the intake is located though, but chances are, thats where the smell is coming from. When set to Max AC it closes the recirculation door and pulls air from inside only, so my guess is the stink is in that area.

Does it stink if only heat is on, AC off and recirculation engaged?

If you still get no resolution, there are actual FORD reps on the Flex site(why there and not here dont know) that if those who have this issue can get in touch with, they may be able to help get something done. Mold growth can be a huge health issue, and I seriously doubt Ford would ignore an issue like this if there are enough complaints. It isn't like, hey I cant get 47 MPG, mold is a real health hazard, and one that cant be ignored.

well guess what......noticed today with the vent just going, smells like wet dog. I very seldom use the AC, and today used it for a short period while i was on the expressway, then shut it off when I got where I was going, and didnt turn on the vents until later in the day on my way home when it started to rain. I have a feeling it is the air filter.

I think its caused by humidity. It was fairly humid yesterday when I noticed it. I still feel its the filter causing it.