Sign in to follow this  
dabige

Wiper Park Position

Since I picked up my Fusion last year, I've noticed that the passenger side wiper does not park where the windshield registration mark indicates it should. Instead, it parks about 1/2 - 3/4" above the mark. I mentioned this to my SM when I went in for an oil change and he said that was the normal park position, (several other Fusions in their lot confirmed this). I also found the same to be true at other local dealers. However, I have noticed a select few where the blade parks in the "proper" position.

The wipers work just fine; I'm just a detail guy so this kinda thing sticks out in my mind since I first noticed it. Anyone know how to adjust this? I can live with it if I have to, but if there's an easy way to correct this, I'm all ears...

Inthe past you simply took/pulled the wiper arm off the post and put it back where you wanted it. If the dealer won't do this a windshield replacement shop should know if it can be done or do it for you. My passenger side is about 1/8" above the mark and the driver's side is right on it.

Edited by FFHdriver