Howie411

Weird smell from AC vents (with heat on)

So in the last few days I've had a weird smell coming from the AC vents when the heat is on. Doesn't matter if its the bottom vents or the top vents. Almost smells like a wet dog/tire smell. I had this problem with my old Pontiac G6 but it was when the AC was on not the heat. Any ideas? The car is about 1 year old.

So in the last few days I've had a weird smell coming from the AC vents when the heat is on. Doesn't matter if its the bottom vents or the top vents. Almost smells like a wet dog/tire smell. I had this problem with my old Pontiac G6 but it was when the AC was on not the heat. Any ideas? The car is about 1 year old.

I had a similar thing in the summer, I thought it was a musty smell like something in the air duct was wet. Yes, wet dog/tire smell is similar enough. I haven't checked the cabin filter yet, haven't noticed much since the weather turned cold. In older cars, it was a clogged drainage vent in the AC system. Not sure about this unit........

Jack in Ohio