Sign in to follow this  
kirkster57

Brake Failure Warning Light

On Sunday morning i jump into my Hybrid turn the key and a bunch of warning lights come on along with dinging tones telling me of brake system failure. I shut the car off and turned the key back on and everything was normal. I drove around off an on all day and everything was fine. On Monday morning I jump in the car to go for the day and the same thing. WTF? I called the dealer and made an appointmnet to bring my car in today. I jumped in hte car this morning to bring it in and it dosen't happen. Dealer said he would check for error codes and guess what? There were none. They told me if it happens again just bring the car straight in, no need for an appointmnet. I hate these kind of issues. Anyone else experience this one?

Kirkster

No problem here - ya may get lucky & just be low on fluid but that would mean a leak, don't let um tell you some evaporation (of fluid) is normal cause its not !

On Sunday morning i jump into my Hybrid turn the key and a bunch of warning lights come on along with dinging tones telling me of brake system failure. I shut the car off and turned the key back on and everything was normal. I drove around off an on all day and everything was fine. On Monday morning I jump in the car to go for the day and the same thing. WTF? I called the dealer and made an appointmnet to bring my car in today. I jumped in hte car this morning to bring it in and it dosen't happen. Dealer said he would check for error codes and guess what? There were none. They told me if it happens again just bring the car straight in, no need for an appointmnet. I hate these kind of issues. Anyone else experience this one?

Kirkster

You've been here awhile so I guess you know about the other threads about this in the past. The "recall" seems to have eliminated these problems but they mostly occurred while driving, not at startup. I assume you have done the recall software update.There was some discussion in the past that dealers weren't properly interrogating the codes to find the brake problem and when instructed by Ford were able to find the codes. Query the dealer on that.

What did they say, can not duplicate, apply software update (or had that already been done) ?

Well...the car is in the shop now and has been there all day. They have been on the phone with engineering and servcie support for Ford. They know the error code now but they can't figure out how to fix it. Am I the only one with the mysterious problems? Last time it was the blue smoke thing.

Kirkster

I guess they think its a bad point in the wire harness. They are going to order a new one, but in the meantime they have rerouted the suspected bad point to a different one on the harness. If the problem continues, then they msidiagnosed. If it dosen't come back they will replace the harness. Whew...