mikenmar

AC/Heat turning on randomly

In the past week or so, the AC/Heat has started turning on spontaneously. Sometimes it happens when I first start the car. Other times, it just comes on while I'm driving, even though I haven't pushed a single button or switch, or changed anything anywhere.

Has anyone else experienced this? What the heck is going on?

It's a year and half old, and I have about 13k miles.

This might sound obvious, but have you always controlled your heat and AC manually? Maybe you just turned on your EATC system and didn't realize it?

Yes, I have always controlled the heat/AC manually.

What is the EATC? I'm not seeing anything in the manual. (And I don't have the built-in navigation if it has something to do with that.)

Electronic Automatic Temp Control.

What is that? I don't see it in the manual.

Do you mean pushing the "Auto" button? Yes, I use this, but you can tell when it's on because there's a red light on it. (I think this is what the manual refers to as "Dual Automatic Temperature Control", or DATC -- maybe that's what you're thinking of?)

I'm saying the AC/Heat will go on all by itself, even if I do not have "Auto" depressed. I've had the car for a year and a half now, and it just started doing this.

Edited by mikenmar