Sign in to follow this  
MKZ 2011

1,000 miles on MKz, our opinion

Sounds like a great car. I think you will be pleased with the fuel economy, compared to what you were paying before for gas. Yeah Florida is a great place to live and drive. I lived in St. Pete, and Ft. Lauderdale years ago.

I have noticed that our FFH gets it's best gas mileage when it is hot out, even with the AC working hard. In East Tennessee, I have never noticed a shortfall in AC performance. Keep it in recirculation mode for the best FE. How do you like the electric power steering? I think it works great, no high pressure groaning at the end of steering wheel travel.

Do you have a picture of that wood? I didn't know dealers could add that on.

Started new topic. Some were asking our opinion of the MKz and if the extra 10k was worth it.

Winter driving: can't help you as we are in FL but I can say that we love winter driving here in FL!!

HID lights: in general, the lights are great and really light up the sides and ahead very well. We have the adaptive lights that swivel and they do actualy swivel but even without moving they light up the turn you are making anyway. Thumbs up for the lights.

Comfort & Quiet: this is subjective but we drove the fusion and the MKz and found the MKz smoother and quieter. I

What made the final difference; 1) We are in Fl and it was the air conditioned seats 2) the nice interior, lights, lighted Lincoln in the stepwell... It was also the nice wood you get with the Executive package and interior finish that made the difference.

I don't recommend the wood the dealer sticks on. It is a sticker and doesn't match like it does from the factory with the Executive package.

Sounds like a great car. I think you will be pleased with the fuel economy, compared to what you were paying before for gas. Yeah Florida is a great place to live and drive. I lived in St. Pete, and Ft. Lauderdale years ago.

I have noticed that our FFH gets it's best gas mileage when it is hot out, even with the AC working hard. In East Tennessee, I have never noticed a shortfall in AC performance. Keep it in recirculation mode for the best FE. How do you like the electric power steering? I think it works great, no high pressure groaning at the end of steering wheel travel.

Do you have a picture of that wood? I didn't know dealers could add that on.

Good review. Glad to read you got your headlights repaired.