jtugfestiva

235/50/18

is anyone experiencing problems with rubbing with these size tires. I am about to purchace my fan blade 2007 ford mustang GT wheels with factory BFG 235-50-18 and wondering if this rub on the factory control arms?

thanks for the reply the rim size is 18x8.5 do you think the 225/45/18 will fit on the 8.5 inch wheel??? im scared it might stretch it too much. Thanks alot!!

You'd be better off getting 245/40/18 tires. That would fit on there fine, depending on the offset of the rim.

Edited by fusionff

245 wow thats pretty wide im probably sticking with the 225 45 18 cause there is enough meat on the tires to help with the roads we have here. We have huge pot holes and cant risk a bent rim. I think ford thought of that with the 225 45 18 that they used on the fusion sport. Im sticking with it. The rims BTW are from a mustang GT 2007 idk whats the offset but ford racing is telling me 50mm.

thanks for the reply the rim size is 18x8.5 do you think the 225/45/18 will fit on the 8.5 inch wheel??? im scared it might stretch it too much. Thanks alot!!

That will be fine. 7"-8.5" is the recommended wheel width for a 225/45-18 tire.

Bridgestone

Edited by 2010SEL

Thanks Danford for the reply,

I just recieved the ford mustang fan blade wheels which are 18x8.5 with the bfg Ta tires that are 235/50/18 they look great and they fit on the back but on the fronts the tires rub ever so gently on the control arms. Even with the car lowered from the jack i believe it still rubs. I guess thats why ford mustang and fast fords used the 225/45/18 on the 18x8.5 bullets wheels because they fit. Car with the fan blade wheels look great just like the 427 concept car for came out with. hope this helps.

I think you have a back spacing difference causing the tires to rub on the control arm.

Do you know what the back spacing is on the Mustang wheels?

You probably can get spacers to stop the tires from rubbing...

Danford1

Danford thanks for the reply the backspacing is 6.295. But im not sure if adding a back spacer will help cause it might start to rub on the fenders. The tire i believe is just a little too big for the fusion. Tell me if you do it and tell me the route you go. Im having this problem also. I want to run them so bad but dont want to risk rubbing issues. Do you think its ok to run the car even if it rubs just a little??