Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloSabres

MTX Re-Q

i have a JL W3 from my old car installed in my fusion, but i still have the factory radio. I was wondering if anyone has installed an MTX Re-Q to boost bass performance and if the results are good?

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion SE (6 Speaker). I added the MTX-Re-Q to compliment my Alpine Type-R Subwoofer. The device does a good job of reproducing bass signal (especially the very low notes that the stock HU hampers). The most noticeable factor is that the Re-Q does a very good job of evening the bass with the music with its "volume sensing". Before the Re-Q the bass would be too strong at low volume and too weak at high volumes. With the Re-Q installed the bass remains even with the music even at high volumes. Although I felt that even a discounted amazon price of 75 dollars was a bit much, if you have a bit of money to spend then go for it. The unit powers on and off with the radio (which stopped my very annoying car noise from the amplifier) and even has an REM out, which means that you can even wire it so that the Re-Q AND your amplifier power on and off with the radio.