djdcz1

2011 Fusion Sport body panel alignments

I noticed the front end doesn't line up correctly with the front fenders. It's more apparent on the driver side.

There is a 1/4" gap, drivers side, were the front fender meets the front end. You can see the back of the headlight thru the gap. Also, the front fender sticks out about a 1/8" more then the front end, were they meet.

I just noticed this issue on our car the other day. It's worse on the driver side (image attached). I'm surprised I hadn't seen it earlier. It's not quite a 1/4" but big enough that it looks like crap. Perhaps something has loosened up since we've had it. Guess I need to go to a dealer and see some others for comparison. I really don't want someone tearing into it and messing something else up in the process so I'm just living with it for now anyway.

post-5893-037435200 1286162773_thumb.jpg

Wow! Something is definitely wrong with that seam alignment. My 2010 Sport is much more even.

P1040558sm.jpg

It seems to be a missing or loose bolt. I tried locating the bolts for that fender connection, but can't find them. Probably need to take off some parts to get at. I'm going to bring it to the attention of the dealer, next time I'm in for maintenance.

If anyone else has the dealer look at it, please post the results.

Looked into this a bit while the left-front tire was off for rotation the other day. I pulled the fender liner off to look for something obvious and easy to correct. Well, no such luck of course. There aren't any easily accessible fasteners that would tighten the gap. Perhaps the headlight assembly has to come out but I wasn't going there.