snowboardxt

100% Gas vs 10% Ethanol

22 members have voted

1. 1. What type of fuel do you use?

• 100% Gas (87 / 91 / 93)
    • 10% Enthanol (87 / 91 / 93)
    • E85 (Flex Fuel)

I want to get everyones opinion on using 100% gas vs 10% ethanol. The reason I'm asking is that 100% gas is slowly becoming harder to find. I've been told that my state (Tennessee) has created a law that all gas stations will be required to use only 10% ethanol gas by the end of the year. I have used 10% enthanol 1 time since I've owned my 06 SEL. She seems to run very well with 100% gas. I'm not wanting to run ethanol but I may be forced to.

We don't have 100% gas in NY. My '10 SEL V6 AWD does fine on 10% ethanol. Haven't tried E85 yet - see nno reason to.

Thanks for the feedback. I wish that I didnt have to use ethanol but if I'm forced to then so be it, we will see how it works out.

FYI the EPA is considering mandating 15% ethanol across the board. Just great. More expense and lower mpgs!

There is a big difference between "approving" and "mandating". So far EPA has not told anybody that they have to do anything. All I know for sure is that the more ethanol they add to gas the more problems it causes, the more it costs, and the MPGs go down. Plus I read that we use more oil to produce the fertilizer for the corn, and to produce the electricity needed for the production of alocohol than it'll ever save. So what's the point of ethanol other than making some big farmers and companies like ADM richer?