gregs81

Compass No Reponse

2008 SEL V6, just turned 36,000 miles 2 days ago and this morning I get an error at startup "Compass No Response". Tried recalibrating as described in manual but no luck. Can't get car in for service till midweek due to my schedule. Car will probably be over warranty by 500 miles and dealer service manager was less than enthusiastic about warranty coverage. Any thoughts from anybody?

I assume your warranty isn't up quite yet. If so, then your SM is scamming you. As long as you made a complaint and made the appointment before the warranty expires, you're covered. If he gives you a problem, talk to the GM of the dealership.

I just got my last free service on my MKZ. It was over the one year-old mark by 3 days when I brought it in, but since I'd made the appointment a week earlier, it was covered and they insisted on that. I wasn't even going to ask them for it. I guess that's the difference between dealers. Some care about customer service and want your repeat business. Some don't give a crap.

Edited by drolds1