Sign in to follow this  
wstcoaster07

Sound System Issue- volume not working, "max volume" displayed

I have the 2010 FFH w/Nav and recently a weird issue has begun to randomly pop up. My audio will randomly cut off as if the volume is on mute. When I try to turn up the volume with either the knob or steering wheel button "Maximum Volume" (the actual words, not max volume bars) is displayed on the nav screen where the volume bars normally appear. Then, about 30 seconds late (no particular time, sometimes more sometimes less) the volume will change depending on how much I turned the knob prior and then freeze at that volume until another random time after another "adjustment request". Turning the car on/off, audio on/off does not seem to fix the problem when it is happening. I took some video of it while the car was parked and will post a link to youtube once I get it posted. Took a video because I know if I bring my car in, the volume will work fine on that day and they will look at me like I am crazy.

So, has anyone heard of this issue?

**UPDATE**

Video:

Edited by wstcoaster07

Well, took it to the dealership today and got the usual "Could not replicate". I showed the guy the video of it happening and he said unfortunately unless it is happening right there, the computer they connect it to can not tell them what is causing it. Basically I have to hope it gets worse so that I can almost guarantee it is happening at the time I bring it in....

Was your phone connected to SYNC? Some people have found that it was their phone causing the issue I believe you are describing. Search this forum or the SYNC forum for a discussion on sound issues. I believe that they disconnected their phones and then rebooted the phone before reconnecting to SYNC to solve any volume issues with their sound system.

I think that could be it. Any chance you know any specific thread titles? Tried searching bluetooth and audio but get hundreds of results, most dealing with people with general audio complaints or bluetooth quality issues.

Thanks for the references. First one is slightly different as mine does not randomly blare music, just randomly silences it (lucky for me I guess) and I can still operate all other controls not pertaining to volume. 2nd one however is very close to my issue. The issue has calmed down lately and 2 possibilities why:

1) when I took it in, although they could not duplicate/fix the issue, they reset the system (which yes, you can do yourself)

2) that same day, I formatted my phone giving it a fresh clean start and re-synced it. *Making sure under bluetooth options on my phone "Media" was not selected (don't use it for that anyway)

For reference my phone is the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon

I am 90% sure you are right and it has something to do with the bluetooth connection and the phone.