Pulse Red GTO

TPMS Sensors

A warning is displayed if the pressure is 25% below the drivers door sill placard. There is also a message if there is a sensor or system fault. I just re-tired a 2010 FFH at 58,000 miles with the same OEM Michelin Energi MXV4 S8 225 50 R17 at Costco. I had a bad ( dead battery ) sensor on the right front that started giving a warning a few months ago and finally died completely giving a warning that you had to reset everytime you started the car. Costco replaced the sensor for $43 + $15 for re-training the sensors. The $43 is close to the internet price for the sensor. Tire Kingdom wanted $89 !

Hyundais do. they wont tell you the pressure, but they will point out which tire is low. Was really interesting too, it was in the -# for a few days, and every morning, at least one tire came up low, one day the left, the next day the right, then one in the rear, but never the same tire twice. I had to wait for a warm day to fill them though so I didn't damage my compressor with it being that cold, the oil was only rated at 20*, and I do remember what happened to a generator we ran that had oil that didnt flow below 20*.

Is there any harm in that provided I carefully check my tire pressures often?

Shouldn't be any harm other than the nuisance of seeing the light on... on wife's car I've twice had to use the spare tire from the shed for a day (you saw the pics of the harpoons that were in the tires)... full size spare and different wheel (with no TPMS) was used for a day and the dash light was on, once I put the original tire (with TPMS) back on and got up to about 20-30 MPH (was still on at first when going really slow) the TPMS again worked as intended and light went back out.