Stang8URMPRT

Dual Zone Climate Control Problems??

I don't believe it is working correctly. I can put the drivers side on at 70 and the passenger at 60 and there is no difference in fan speed or really temperature on the passenger side. It seems like everything is based off of the drivers side setting. If I put it at 90 degrees on the passenger side, it does become a little warmer, but not my definition of "dual zone". Is there a problem here?

Nick

Are there two people in the car? The passenger setting is ignored when there is no one in the passenger seat. Other than that it seems to work fine for us.

Jon

I don't believe it is working correctly. I can put the drivers side on at 70 and the passenger at 60 and there is no difference in fan speed or really temperature on the passenger side. It seems like everything is based off of the drivers side setting. If I put it at 90 degrees on the passenger side, it does become a little warmer, but not my definition of "dual zone". Is there a problem here?

Nick

Are there two people in the car? The passenger setting is ignored when there is no one in the passenger seat. Other than that it seems to work fine for us.

Jon

If you over ride it by manually turning on the temp for the passenger side you can set it just like if you have a passenger. Also just because you have a passenger you have to still turn it on the first time after driving without someone sitting in the seat.

Not mine. I can force a change to the passenger temp setting but it won't actually change what the HVAC does until there is a passenger there. I know they tweaked the firmware on the HVAC across builds.

Jon

If you over ride it by manually turning on the temp for the passenger side you can set it just like if you have a passenger. Also just because you have a passenger you have to still turn it on the first time after driving without someone sitting in the seat.