Sign in to follow this  
gregb

Any idea where the 2011 Hybrids are?...

Wife wants a hybrid. I love Fords, been driving them for years. Went to see and drive the 2010 Fusion Hybrids - very nice, but being so close to the 2011s coming out, we figured we'd wait and see if we "had to have" the new model, rather than pick one of the 10s on the lots today.

I see the 2011 Fusions are already out, and have seen all the trim lines except the Hybrid.

Anyone know when they'll be hitting the lots?

There's hardly any difference between the 2010 and 2011 FFH. You'll get a better deal on the 2010.

There's hardly any difference between the 2010 and 2011 FFH. You'll get a better deal on the 2010.

To me the three biggest differences, although minor are -

— Available HD Radio Capability

Note: Requires Voice-Activated Navigation System

— Available Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO)

— Available Global Open Feature

Driver, Front Passenger Global Open Controls

(Moonroof if Equipped) May Be Opened with Key or

Key Fob

Also there are a few color changes, I am looking forward to seeing one in Steel Blue, I liked in on the '10 Taurus.

If you get to use X-Plan the '11 price is very close to '10 price, in my mind close enough to get these new features.

Yes, we understand there are only a few changes, but... We don't really care for leather, and around these parts...if you want NAV, you get leather (502A). I'm thinking we could save about 1k dropping the leather. That said, I understand that a dealer is likely to drop the price on their 2010 stock, and we could likely end up getting the leather free. But that's just it, we'd prefer cloth. I have a '97 F150 that we ordered back in the Spring of '96 that has cloth, and the seats still look great.

I also hear (although, haven't yet verified) that we may be eligible for X Plan pricing, as we are shareholders of Ford stock. If that's the case, we could order what we want from the 2011 line, and not feel too bad about the purchase price. Plus, I like some of the features they've added: Global down windows, auto down passenger, HD radio, auto sensing wipers, universal garage door opener, and the new Steel Blue body color - reminds me of a almost blue-green - sorta.

Mainly, I just want to sit in one, check out the differences, and see if I really like them, or not. Ultimately, we could still go either way, but before we drop 30k on a new car, I don't want to feel like - man!...I should've waited...

So, I was mostly wondering why the Hybrids aren't on the lots with all the other 2011 trims.

Yes, we understand there are only a few changes, but... We don't really care for leather, and around these parts...if you want NAV, you get leather (502A). I'm thinking we could save about 1k dropping the leather. That said, I understand that a dealer is likely to drop the price on their 2010 stock, and we could likely end up getting the leather free. But that's just it, we'd prefer cloth. I have a '97 F150 that we ordered back in the Spring of '96 that has cloth, and the seats still look great.

I also hear (although, haven't yet verified) that we may be eligible for X Plan pricing, as we are shareholders of Ford stock. If that's the case, we could order what we want from the 2011 line, and not feel too bad about the purchase price. Plus, I like some of the features they've added: Global down windows, auto down passenger, HD radio, auto sensing wipers, universal garage door opener, and the new Steel Blue body color - reminds me of a almost blue-green - sorta.

Mainly, I just want to sit in one, check out the differences, and see if I really like them, or not. Ultimately, we could still go either way, but before we drop 30k on a new car, I don't want to feel like - man!...I should've waited...

So, I was mostly wondering why the Hybrids aren't on the lots with all the other 2011 trims.

I think it more or less depends on the dealers. I live in Charlotte, NC, and one dealer has almost nothing but Hybrids in 2011 models, where as just about everyone else in Charlotte area, has no hybrids - odd...

Yep! Sure enough...they just haven't hit the dealerships in our area. I guess we'll just keep waiting... Thanks!

Oh, and I guess the new 2011 Hybrids come with the MyKey feature now too - although, based on how my truck has fared 2 teenage drivers - I suspect we won't be handing the keys - MyKey or no MyKey - over quite so willingly...

I ordered one from a dealership not immensely long after they ordered their own cars, having seen the leaked ford document here and it noting that it wasn't too different. At that time they were saying late July, early august. I emailed looking for an update a few weeks back, because I'm getting antsy, Ford seemed to acknowledge on their website that 2011 Fusions existed, and I had a good sized road trip in my near future. I asked if I could get a VIN to track on the web or anything. The dealership said they had no information, and they would let me know.

Well, early this month they did let me know that they found out there's a production delay and they were expecting my car to be delivered around November. Looking at inventory on the web (via the fordvehicles "build and price" tool) suggests that they and other nearby dealers may have one or two in stock (and none equal to my order), but in looking around I've seen suggestions that it's not the most accurate thing in the world, either.

So, in a way, it's nice to hear confirmation in other places that other people aren't seeing any.

Don't write off the 2010s. There just aren't any "must have" new features on the 2011. (Addition of Homelink is probably the best feature, but I'm fine with a tiny garage door opener clipped to the visor).

You're on the right track with x-plan. I'd figure out the approximate x-plan price of the 2011 you want, and then call around to see if anyone will offer you an even better deal on a 2010. You might be surprised. From what I hear, dealers are getting really desperate with the economy still in the crapper and no more cash-for-clunkers. Awesome time to buy a car if you've got the money.

Obviously, there's going to be less selection on the 2010s, so that might be the deciding factor.

Also, the remaining 2010s are likely to have a lot of test drive miles on them by this point, which is something to factor in.

At the end of the day, if I could get a 2010, even with a few hundred miles on it, for about $1000 less than x-plan on a comparable 2011, I'd go for it.

Yeah, I suppose the good money would be on purchasing a discounted 2010, but I'd still like to see the 2011s.

I wonder why they had a delay in production of the Hybrids?

The Fusion and Milan Hybrids were scheduled to begin full production the end of July and the MKZ is scheduled for the end of August. I have not heard of a delay. It may be that the mix is so small for the hybrids that they are just not evident yet on amy scale. They could also be on quality hold. Dealers would not always be told of short term delays.

My 11 hybrid came in Friday and I picked it up Saturday. Love it so far.

Cool! Details, pictures, color? Come on, let's see her! :shift:

Was not successful in uploading pictures. All of them it tried said they were too large. I'll resave some in a different format and attach them when I have a little more time.

I am learning how to drive it better every day to keep the EV going as much as possible. Definitely will get over 600 to 650 miles on the first tank.

Was not successful in uploading pictures. All of them it tried said they were too large. I'll resave some in a different format and attach them when I have a little more time.

I am learning how to drive it better every day to keep the EV going as much as possible. Definitely will get over 600 to 650 miles on the first tank.

I've learned that it's not always just about keeping it in EV...It's more about when EV should be used and when it shouldn't be.

Got mine last nite!

'11 FFH 502A in Triple Platinum White with Tan Leather via X-Plan. Me do likee, but I've got a lot of reading to do: first hybrid, first sync

Oh - first time poster, long time lurker during my quest for my FFH. No pics yet but there will be.

WHOOP!

You 11 owners are killin' me! So, what's the verdict?

Have you looked at the 10s and like the features in the 11 model, or were the differences no factor?

I understand the changes are subtle - HD, MyKey, wipers...etc. I'm just asking.

Still no dealers with 11 Hybrids in these parts.

I suppose I should go ahead and send in my X-Plan request form and - with any luck - have my Pin ready.

You 11 owners are killin' me! So, what's the verdict?

Have you looked at the 10s and like the features in the 11 model, or were the differences no factor?

I understand the changes are subtle - HD, MyKey, wipers...etc. I'm just asking.

Still no dealers with 11 Hybrids in these parts.

I suppose I should go ahead and send in my X-Plan request form and - with any luck - have my Pin ready.

I am on x-plan from my dad, so for me it was just a matter of why get a 10 model 2 months before the 11s come out? I ordered in early July. I was very happy to find out about the HD radio standard on the 11 though. I love the sound of it. The Sirius is ok, but local FM in HD by far kicks butt. The dealer had a 10 model with the 502A package and was kind of pissed at me for ordering the 11 with exactly the same color and features, but......it is my money. When I go to trade the dealer would have been the first one to give me less money because the car is one model year older although bought at the same time. Unfortunately that is the way it works. The 10s are now a year old regardless of when you bought it.

Ok, thanks for everything guys! Can't wait to get one of these bad boys ordered. I agree to go for the 2011 - giving you "one more year of new" - did that on my '97 F150 i got in '96 - but since I'm planning to keep this one for a decade or more - it might not matter to me that much.

I still have friends that aren't sold on the Hybrid cost/benefit. I tell them that when it comes to your pocketbook, buying a Hybrid vs. a gas only vehicle to me, is like removing a huge bandage off of the hairy part of your arm. You buy the Hybrid and just rip it off all at once and be done, or you peel a little off at a time. I don't know about you, but I've always been a fan of just ripping it off all at once. Of course, who knows, 12-14 years down the road, I might be ripping off another small bandage if the battery goes bad. Ha!

73, and have fun!

Greg

Edited by gregb

Greg - most people have heard rediculous prices for the batery packs - like $8-10,000. Truth is, in 8-10 years when your battery warranty expires, there will be exchange stations that can rebuild your battery pack or swap it out for a remanufactured unit for under $2,500. Some folks will buy sleeves of cells and do it at home - it ain't rocket surgery. Many of the New York taxi cabs (Escape Hybrids) have over 250,000 miles on the original battery pack. But there is nothing sensational about that so it doesn't get reported.

Addiotional benefits - higher resale value if you decide to sell/trade up, longer warranty, reduced maintenance cost (longer intervals) and bragging rights.

Here are some photos of the 11 hybrid. I've had it a week now and just love it!post-8469-060715700 1283022915_thumb.jpgpost-8469-057920800 1283023202_thumb.jpg

Nice! I debated on that color too, what are your feelings about it now that you've had it for a little bit?

The color grows on you even more the longer you have it. I have had people come up to me in the parking lot saying they like the car and the color. It is cool when you have the paper license tag on it as everyone knows it is new!

Edited by Davidoo

Looks great! I hope it continues to do well. I too like the Ice Blue, as that is my 2010 color.

I ordered my MKZ hybrid on August 9, and was told that there was a MKZ hybrid hold until August 30. (Today.) I called the dealer about changing my leather color because I finally found a "cashmere" color sample and the leather looked to be white. I asked the fleet guy who had ordered the car if the order could be changed. He looked it up and found out the car had been produced on 8-24. It is due to be delivered the week of September 13. I guess I'll be seeing how that "white" leather interior wears and looks. (I have not been able to find a single photo anywhere of what the cashmere interior looks like.)

Edited by unplugged