Buster1

Anyone seeing 700 Mi per tank?

I *know* Ford's 700 mile quote is based upon using all 17.5 gallons in the tank. When I filled up this last tank, it took 16.24 gallons, so I had 1.25 gallons left.

Same here with now over 43k miles - I have not gone over 700 on a tank but have come close enough that if the entire tank was used it would have gone over 700 miles, however I wasn't willing to risk sitting on the side of the road to see it make it that far. Back and forth to work Mon-Fri normally runs through one tank and I fill back up on the weekend, here are a few that almost hit 700.

640 miles - 15.88 to fill, would have gone over 700 if run to empty

657 miles - 15.91to fill, " "

650 miles - 15.42 to fill, " "

657 miles - 15.96 miles, " "

So the claims are true according to my experiences..

Edited by jeff_h

I've just about got 700 total miles on the Hybrid so far. Seems like I'll be just shy of 600 miles on this tank and also on the first. Is anyone seeing 700 per tank? :shift:

727.6 was my last fill. I reset my mpg and with the warm summer weather I'm now at 45.8mpg and still slowly increasing. Good stuff!

Noel

Same here with now over 43k miles - I have not gone over 700 on a tank but have come close enough that if the entire tank was used it would have gone over 700 miles, however I wasn't willing to risk sitting on the side of the road to see it make it that far. Back and forth to work Mon-Fri normally runs through one tank and I fill back up on the weekend, here are a few that almost hit 700.

640 miles - 15.88 to fill, would have gone over 700 if run to empty

657 miles - 15.91to fill, " "

650 miles - 15.42 to fill, " "

657 miles - 15.96 miles, " "

So the claims are true according to my experiences..

With almost 13K miles on the odo these figures mirror my experience. With a bit of user-effort the marketing claims are valid!

My M2E reads 700 on fill-up, but I haven't hit it yet. I always lose a few miles along the way. I bet I could get there if I go 15-20 miles past 0 M2E.

Is the tank capacity really 17.5? I've never even hit 16 on a refill.

My M2E reads 700 on fill-up, but I haven't hit it yet. I always lose a few miles along the way. I bet I could get there if I go 15-20 miles past 0 M2E.

Is the tank capacity really 17.5? I've never even hit 16 on a refill.

The low-fuel warning is quite conservative. I've driven 25 to 40 miles past the "E" indication with a subsequent fill-up of 16.5 gallons or so. Exptrapolating from this I could

travel roughly 80 miles past "E" as my avg MPG is a tad over 40 and thus achieve 700 miles/tank.

Tempt fate at your own risk! :shift:

I'm doing a little over 700 / tank. I now have 2700 miles on my MMH. With 170 miles of lead-foot test drives in the mix, I'm at 46 mpg on the long term read out. Virtually always hypermileing. About 20% of my miles on Interstates (55-60mph) Seldom turn on the AC. I work at it. If you want great mpg, you can do it. But, most drivers want other things more; making compromises (comfort, speed, acceleration, not aggravating the wife) that add up to 39mpg.

Carl

I concur with your report Carl. I'll easily top the 700 miles/tank mark in a few days for the first time. Over 500 on the trip with ~250 M2E. Previously, I've not really tried hard in my ~18k miles so far in my MMH, and I've achieved right at 40mpg long term. I finally decided to back-off on the highway and stay between 55-60 mph for my 'in town' highway miles (~40%). Wow, what a difference, all of my segment trip reports are 50-53 mpg. My current tank average is @ 45.8 and climbing daily. (I'm also learning how to drive this thing as well). My long term for the last two months is 41.8 so my next fill-up should report well over 700 M2E.

Jack in Ohio

I got the first low fuel message with this tank today, checked my odometer - right at 600 miles, bet I could go 700 miles but then what, do I get a trophy or something - so if I get a chance tomorrow I'll get some of that good ole (sic) Saddam juice ...

i'm over 700 miles pr. tank. Car has 20K miles. Average is 43.0 MPG. I go so long between fills that I forget to put gas in it.

After a year of ownership (bought in July of 2009), my FFH now gets around 683 - 718 miles per tank. However, I'm a very avid eco-driver, and rarely go over 70mph on the freeway. Sometimes in town (San Francisco, CA) I get 60+ MPG. My overall long-term average is 40.3 MPG. HINT: When you're stopped at an intersection, be sure to accelerate S L O W L Y when the light changes to green until you reach 25 (or so) MPH, then try COASTING to the next stoplight while in city/town driving. You'd be surprised just how much gas you can save!

Edited by tonifan

I finished my first tank of gas, got 43.2mpg. I was in the 630 range, but could have kept running it. I'm in the mid 44's so far on the second tank, we'll see if I can take it over 700. I like how when the fuel light comes one, you can still drive it for another day or so. :happy feet: Also, I did a search online and the fuel capacity is listed as 16.6 gallons.

The Owners Guide says 17.5 gal. Miles to Empty appears to be calculated on the average of the last 500 miles to 1 gal. remaining. Don't run it out of GAS!!!!

Today with 0 miles to empty I filled the tank with 16.1 gal so I had over 1 gal left, the bad news is I got less than 650 miles out of this tank (was hoping for 700) the good news is with full tank miles to empty was 705 Also my tires were down to 30 PSI (now back to 36 PSI) also no heat or A/C needed so 700 here I come !