Sign in to follow this  
Geeves

Replacing lower grill with Sport lower

Got my lower sport grill in today. Ill let you know how it goes.

Greeves, It looks pretty simple to remove and install. I had to attach one side of the lower grille because the body shop missed a tab, all I had to do is push and hook it. Remove the front air shield, screws and push studs. The tabs I could see were "slip under" hook style. My advise is to be careful, they look fragile if bent too far. Good luck.

Thanks i see the tab but i soon realized that i need to remove the chrome bits from the front of the car via tabs and to get the black grill out i either need to remove bumper cover or pull it out just enough to get it out.

Bummer, I only had to push on the outside to snap it into place. I was under the car looking at the work after an accident and it looked like a whole lot of screws on the under side to get the bumper cover off, not sure beyond that. Once again good luck.

I'm new to the fusion scene, what does the sport lower grill look like compared to my SE?

You could check the Fusion pix on the Ford website: Fusion Gallery

The Sport front styling was clearly influenced by Ford's Australian Falcon. That's where I got the idea to paint my fog light surround bezels.

ford-fg-falcon-xr6-turbo1.jpg

P1050375sm.jpg