Sign in to follow this  
firebuff312

2010 6 speaker tweeters

I have a 2010 ford fusion se w/ 6 speaker audio. I want to replace the tweeters because of course, even though the stock tweeters smack the high notes pretty good, they smack them with lots of static and a bit of distortion. Ive investagated a bit and know that the tweeters are actually pretty small, but they use big speaker grills on the A-B pillars. I tried pulling on the rubber-like material just below the tweeter housing and one of the DIN's popped...but then I stoped and realized, "hey maybe this isnt the correct way to do it", so I figured I would ask everybody here. Like I said I was able to pull out the section of the door just below the tweeter just enough to see the wiring, but I cant see how to get the actual tweeter/ tweeter housing out...I dont see any screws so im thinking they might be DIN's....anybody??? (thanks in advance).

I have to ask in what context are you using DIN? In the car audio culture, this typically refers to the size of the radio. Your use intrigued me, as you used it convincingly. A little research uncovered there are some 12,000 DIN standards!

"The over 12,000 DIN standards cover a wide range of topics including: physical quantities and units, fasteners, water analysis, building and civil engineering (including building materials, construction contract procedures (VOB), soil testing, corrosion protection of steel structures), materials testing (testing machines, plastics, rubber, petroleum products, semiconductors), steel pipes, machine tools, twist drills, roller and ball bearings, and process engineering. DIN Handbooks (covering subjects such as mechanical engineering, fasteners, steel, steel pipes, and welding), and most DIN standards are available as English versions, or as English translations."

Anyhow, what are you planning on replacing it with? A good tweeter needs good CLEAN power behind it.

Whatever is holding the door paneling on... those "snap-on" pieces make up a large majority of the cars interior... now do you know how to get the tweeters out?

I have to ask in what context are you using DIN? In the car audio culture, this typically refers to the size of the radio. Your use intrigued me, as you used it convincingly. A little research uncovered there are some 12,000 DIN standards!

"The over 12,000 DIN standards cover a wide range of topics including: physical quantities and units, fasteners, water analysis, building and civil engineering (including building materials, construction contract procedures (VOB), soil testing, corrosion protection of steel structures), materials testing (testing machines, plastics, rubber, petroleum products, semiconductors), steel pipes, machine tools, twist drills, roller and ball bearings, and process engineering. DIN Handbooks (covering subjects such as mechanical engineering, fasteners, steel, steel pipes, and welding), and most DIN standards are available as English versions, or as English translations."

Anyhow, what are you planning on replacing it with? A good tweeter needs good CLEAN power behind it.