ninjasenses

Dealer Badge removal

If it is like most of them (decals) you may be able to peel it up with your fingernails. In any event, the warmer it is, the easier it will come off. There will be some residual adhesive left. Remove that with Goo-Gone or lighter fluid. Finish with the wax of your choice. And you don't have to worry about a color change. If it was on there for years, maybe. But not on a new car, especially not a black one.

If it is held on with foam tape (like the factory lettering) good old fashioned dental floss does the trick with no need for heat. I just removed the letters from my car last week, including the vinyl decal the dealer was so nice to install. The best mod out there IMO. I am never a fan of goo gone or lighter fluid - not to start a debate as I know some people have had great success. I actually cover the old adhesive with NuFinish polish and let it soak in a bit. Hit it with a clean cloth and the adhesive and foam residue come right off. With the UV stability of modern paint, it is very unlikely that there will be any lingering reminders of what used to be there.

Have a good one!

Dan