jfullen

Can a Factory nav unit be installed after purchase?

As part of the purchase agreement, I negotiated that they agree to install a Ford Nav unit after purchase. At the time, I was told it was no problem,

Ouch... I wish I could tell everyone, car salesmen are like teenage boys on a date. They will tell you WHATEVER you want to hear to get what they want...

I couldn't tell you with much confidence how possible it is to get a factory unit installed, but my first instinct is like they said, it's a huge pain. I understalnd it replaces the radio and in some cases, does climate control? (Hybrid maybe?) And then will the Sync module (or whatever it is) currently installed be compatable? Are all the connectors the same? Etc, etc...

But I'm wasting space as when it gets down to it, I don't know for sure. But check this link,

Adding factory nav?

I scanned through it, and it looks ugly.... Good luck though. I personally have a Garmin GPS which I like, but I can see how convenient a factory unit could be.