Sign in to follow this  
Zacher

HEV Dispay vs LCD Dash

So I now have over 13000km on my fusion hybrid, and well I've started noticing a few things.

I've brought up the Celsius vs Fahrenheit issue before in another topic, when the vehicle is off and running in "auxilary mode for 10min" my controls for climate via the Sync Voice are in F instead of Celsius.

Now the latest thing I noticed, is the AVG Fuel mileage on my dash is sometimes different then what the HEV on my Nav reports. Now it's only a .1 difference (ie dash says 7.2L/100Km and HEV says 7.3L/100Km), which leads me to believe they round differently or compute slightly differently.

The above made me notice the folloing: Because I run my vehicle in metric settings, my readouts on the dash are for KM (ie Km to E, avg L/100Km). So when the car is ideling and in EV the dash reports 0 L/100Km, which is what I'd expect (equivalent to 60MPG + in Imperial Mode). However, my HEV meter will drop to 0 for a split second then shoot straight up to 30L/100Km. Now being a computer guy I thought, maybe it's just a default graphic display when the vehicle is in EV and ideling. However, watching the Fuel economy graph, on a 10minute stretch it showed the consumption as 30L/100Km. Anybody else notice this type of behaviour? If i can i'll take pics tomorrow.

So I now have over 13000km on my fusion hybrid, and well I've started noticing a few things.

I've brought up the Celsius vs Fahrenheit issue before in another topic, when the vehicle is off and running in "auxilary mode for 10min" my controls for climate via the Sync Voice are in F instead of Celsius.

Now the latest thing I noticed, is the AVG Fuel mileage on my dash is sometimes different then what the HEV on my Nav reports. Now it's only a .1 difference (ie dash says 7.2L/100Km and HEV says 7.3L/100Km), which leads me to believe they round differently or compute slightly differently.

The above made me notice the folloing: Because I run my vehicle in metric settings, my readouts on the dash are for KM (ie Km to E, avg L/100Km). So when the car is ideling and in EV the dash reports 0 L/100Km, which is what I'd expect (equivalent to 60MPG + in Imperial Mode). However, my HEV meter will drop to 0 for a split second then shoot straight up to 30L/100Km. Now being a computer guy I thought, maybe it's just a default graphic display when the vehicle is in EV and ideling. However, watching the Fuel economy graph, on a 10minute stretch it showed the consumption as 30L/100Km. Anybody else notice this type of behaviour? If i can i'll take pics tomorrow.

I've observed exactly the same. The NAV read out lags the dash display on fuel economy. Suspect it's a rounding issue. On th eNAV 30L/100kms readout issue, the owner manual says this is normal. Sure isn't intuitive that with the engine off in EV the dash display shows 0 and the NAV 30L+.