Sign in to follow this  
bdwells

Power Outlets stay on even after turning off

I can see it being useful either way, depending on what you are trying to do. It is annoying with an external GPS unit. Not only does it drain the battery, but it keeps it lit up with a big "this car contains something to steal" glow.

Wouldn't it eventually cut power if the battery is getting critical though? I thought the headlights had that kind of override.

I wonder if anyone sells a switch that can go between the plug and the device so you don't always have to be plugging and unplugging it...

Yes. In the police blotter section of my Sunday paper, that's all you see: Nav units stolen from cars in which they were left visible. These are usually "smash and grab" type thefts. So you wind up with a broken window as well. There have even been reports of thefts when the unit wasn't visible. The tell- tale circle left on the windshield by the rubber suction cup was the giveaway.

The Ford battery saver feature doesn't cut power to the headlights. It only cuts power to the interior and trunk lights.

There are switched cigarette lighter adapters.