Sign in to follow this  
sobayimage

Wish list for future FFH

I couldn't agree more on the cat warm-up. Geesh these emissions laws are rediculous. In the winter months in Phoenix, I must drive 5 minutes before EV is even an option. I couldn't imagine what it is like for folks that live in real cold weather.

I'm torn on the memory seats. They're cool on our 2003 Tahoe, but they're starting to flake out, transitioning from convenience to irritant. Now you have to adjust the seats and mirrors every time you drive the thing, even if you were the last one to drive it.

Electronic features would be better if the degraded gracefully. Too often, they go wacky before they die altogether.

My biggest desire would be:

Plugin/Lithium option (as already mentioned). Think of the range!

Diesel/hybrid option. Think about the extra mileage and durability diesel engines have. I wonder why diesels are not appropriate for hybrid technology?

Just a reminder on what has been discussed on this forum previously. A bigger HVB is not desirable for these hybrids. All the energy comes from gasoline and the EV mode is actually less efficient than the ICE despite the 60+, 99.9 mpg readings in EV. That comes at the expense of the ICE running and all the losses in the generator-charge-discharge-motor cycle. The HVB needs only to be large enough to accept regenerative braking, provide transient acceleration power and to allow modest EV mode cycling at lower speeds to improve ICE efficiency. The proven durability of the NiMh batteries should not be exchanged for Li-Ion when there is no need for more battery capacity. You might save only 50 lbs. Now a plug-in is a completely different design problem. The 14 mile plug in Prius, I think is a foolish marketing ploy. A much more expensive HVB and car is going to yield little improvement. The Chevy Volt manufacturing cost is enormous and plug-ins are not going to be anywhere near as economical to run as expected. If equivalent road taxes were applied to grid electricity used to charge vehicles, there would be no energy advantage right now. If vehicles start to use less petroleum, these taxes will inevitably be applied to electric grid vehicle battery charging. Plug in vehicles do remove the energy production to a different, perhaps remote location and may benefit from renewable or non polluting energy sources. Pure electric plug-ins may have lower maintenance costs at the expense of range anxiety. I remember 40 years ago driving around late at night in a diesel Mercedes with an almost empty tank looking for an open service station with a diesel pump. That was not fun!

No - a handle to pull down the trunk lid to close it without having to touch the trunk itself and whatever dirt/grime has accumulated on it.

No, My FFH has a leather look strap on the inside of the trunk to close the trunk with.

Looked at the strap on a Fusion at the dealer today. It's nice and should do the job, but I think I'll keep using my handle mounted under the license plate. I didn't get a price for the strap.

[/quote ] "I would rather have this feature than some small yellow dot warning me not to switch lanes. Before changing lanes, I always look in the mirror and turn my head to look through the side windows anyway, so to me the yellow dots are almost useless. ~Just not impressed by this feature as it stands alone".

I am driving a loaner 2010 Fusion SEL while my FFH is in the shop with a problem and the second thing I miss most of all is the BLIS. I have to turn too far to check the blind spot as I have a stiff neck from all the dirt bike riding and wrecks I had in the past and it is far safer just to check for the yellow dot. First thing I miss is the control of everything through the nav screen rather then fumbling with all the knobs and buttons.

Main thing I would like to see added is the garage door opener and maybe HID headlights.

Mainly, I miss my hybrid, hope to get it back Wednesday!

Charles

One thing you guys missed, give the USB connector inside the center console power, so it can charge stuff! I was so upset when my phone had died and I had to make a two hour trip. My charger has a USB adapter on the end and then a separate USB to AC adapter, well I didn't have the adapter, no problem, just plug it into the USB port in the FFH and it'll charge. *NOPE* it doesn't charge, also how about moving it to another location, like by the rubber "ashtray" and adding a second one in the back, underneath the AC socket.

Mine charges everything fine. My iPhone, Blackberry, and my old Palm Treo all charge without issue.

BTW iPhone or Blackberry + Slacker Radio + Microsoft SYNC = Screw you Sirius.

Add in Auto down/up for all windows at the drivers door, and a way to open all the windows with the remote and open and close all windows with the key. Hot summer days or when using the 4/40 A/C (that's 4 windows down and 40mph for folks have never owned a cars with out A/C) it was a nice feature on our Honda's.

The CNCL RSM (Cancel/Resume) button already does this.

Your Fusion Hybrid has a CNCL option on the steering wheel? Mine is just RSM. Or do you mean the RSM if you press it while engaged will cancel the Cruise Control?

Edited by Zacher

What do people use folding mirrors for, small garage? I've never seen a car in a parking lot with the mirrors folded.

I traded in a LS460 for the FFH and it had power folding mirrors. I had them set to fold when the car locked (obviously when outside) This will save getting them hit it the parking lot. Happens a LOT. Also, Folding mirrors (power or not) will save having them snap off if the mirror touches anything while moving or again, in a parking lot if someone hip-checks the mirror while walking by it will fold either back of forward. I have come back to my car a few times over the years with the mirror tripped.

Don't have a FFH but according to the OM it says both CNCL annd RSM on one button. You can try pressing RSM while it's engaged to see if it cancels but that may have been a job 2 or job 3 change.

The CNCL came out in the later build. Including an Amber indicator when it Cruise is ON but not Engaged.

CNCL does the same as tapping the brake pedal. :shift:

Just to add to the nice wish-list already posted:

Options for a "warmer" interior. A bit of wood trim in lieu of the brushed metal accents.

Everything major has been covered, but I would like a locking glovebox and for the Sirius radio presets to show a short description of the content, i.e. #6 - Sixties, #100 - H. Stern, etc.