Sign in to follow this  
oldschool1962

Now.to shift the focus.........to something good!

Spent the day at the dealership today. The Engineers had a list of what the Service Manager thought was three tasks to do with my car. I'll post what those were and the outcome in the other topic because I wanted to make this post about something positive that the Dealer did for me and if there are any out there that would like to contribute to a similar act of kindness. For the record.....our dealer is Haley Ford in Chester Virginia.

Anyhow the Service Manager believed he had done everything he was to have done and allowed me to leave with the car. Went home, and a while later I got a call from him stating that there were a few more things that needed to be performed and that he would be by with a car that would help me out.

Well he showed up at the house to pick up my FFH with a brand new..... off the lot......... Fully Loaded V6 Sport. Granted it's not a Hybrid and I'll end up using a ton of gas in comparison but I am astonished.....very happily I might add....... that he went out of his way to do this and at such a late part of the day. It would have been so much easier for him to just say....would you bring the car back in tomorrow and...........

I know I have been rather harsh as a critic of at least my car.....it's not to say the whole line is that way as I have found in many other topics and replies here. I felt it was important to maybe share a bit of positive information and how gracious the Dealership acted in this stage of the issue. I am grateful for their assistance yet.......I do say yet.......I just hope that the something is done soon with the lousy part of this ordeal.

Gonna get to see how the nonhybrid folks live. Should be a nice break from things but I can't wait to get back what I would hope to be a properly functioning FFH

Now all I gotta do is stay outta trouble with the V-6 and the 6spd. drop.gif

That's really great. I had a similar experience with my old Taurus. After a trip or two to the dealer (4 hours each way), they brought me an Impala to use for the week while they re-programmed my computer and did other things. The Taurus was used and I paid less than 10K for it. And, no warranty! Pretty good dealer. Sewell, in Odessa TX.

Oldschool1962

I have to agree with you. Jim the service manager at Haley is awesome. He has also gone out of his way to help me. WAY out of his way. It's one of the reasons I bought from that dealership.

Three cheers to Haley and their staff.

Edited by Tazzboo