Sign in to follow this  
VonoreTn

Good news on FFH mpg

Good news! My FFH mileage seemed to drop over the winter, but it just popped back on the last tank of gas. I speculate that the increase is related to 3 things, and maybe a combination of all 3.

1. The weather is warmer, in the 50's yesterday.

2. My last tank of gas was from a different station than I have used before, and it is 100% gas, no ethanol.

3. I took my Fusion in for the brake related free computer recalibration last week, and based on FFH gauge readings, there has been an improvement since then.

I averaged 43 yesterday on an 80 mile trip into and back from Knoxville. My chart below is from fuel tank fillup data, not Fusion displays. I also add 2% for odometer error. Since I have more air in my tires (36 psi cold) than the computer thinks (32 psi cold), I actually go more distance than my odometer says, per tire revolution. I measured this on a road trip over a straight 50 mile stretch, and it was consistent for 10, 25, and 50 miles.

post-4297-126805703125_thumb.jpg

Temperature and no ethanol!! The Sun is moving north! My odometer reads about 2 % low and my car computer mpg reads about 4 % high. So the true mpg is 2 % less than the car computer.

Edited by lolder

My MPG has also increased pretty significantly after the brake recall software update performed last week. I was getting about 33 MPG before and now I am over 37 MPG. I suspect it is due to the tech resetting the overall fuel economy history.

My MPG has also increased pretty significantly after the brake recall software update performed last week. I was getting about 33 MPG before and now I am over 37 MPG. I suspect it is due to the tech resetting the overall fuel economy history.

I always reset my overall fuel economy after a gas fill up, nice to see like 70 miles to the gallon from the gas station to the trip home hahaha.