Sign in to follow this  
oldschool1962

Using the FFH in Accessory mode.

I can't seem to find it in the manual but.......does it say anywhere to NOT use the FFH in the accessory mode. That would be the first click of the key toward the dash from the off position.

The only time this would be used by me is if I was sittiing in the parking lot waiting for someone while listening to the radio or watching a DVD. If anyone is asking themselves why not just keep the car on.......because it does screw bigtime with the MPG plus it's there so why not use it.

It is recommended to not operate the car in "Neutral" for a long time. You can do it for car washes, etc. but the HVB will not charge and if the car is "off", it will not "start" (green car).

The reason I asked was because I was told today that you should not ever use the accessory mode when in the car. I should have the car on even while just sitting in the parking lot for let's say 20 minutes listening to the radio or watchiung a DVD. It is suspect at being the reason why my car is having so many issues with the modules, instrument cluster glitches, resets, car going haywire, global warming, any future economic crisis.......supposedly.waiting.gif I think if the Ford Engineers have their way....what ever was designed into the car, added as a feature or used for a selling point and explained in the manual to operate a certain way is going to be rendered useless or not meant to do that. That's the story I'm getting for so many of the issues I've seen. As of today....I' not to use the accessory mode to see if that's the issue for what happened two weeks ago. I'm having a hard time understanding that something I did on the Monday before for 20 minutes could cause ssuch an issue 5 days later and last for two days. Supposedly the playing of the radio drained the battery so bad that it couldn't recover it's charge in thise 5 days and caused all the modules to go haywire. tease.gif Ya know just because a group of people say the sky is brown.....doesn't mean the sky is brown..........just because they can't explain things or because they said so. Especially when there is so much documentation explaining the sky is ......blue?doh.gif

To not clutter up the boards with just my issues here is a link to the original topic I started last week about my issues.

http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?/topic/3315-yes-more-issues-with-my-ffh/page__st__80

I'll add replies only to that topic and what was discussed here can also be discyussed there. Apologies for an inconvenience here.

Edited by oldschool1962

The reason I asked was because I was told today that you should not ever use the accessory mode when in the car.

I would be curious who told you that. I can guess, but I question where they got that information) When I first got my FFH, I spent an hour or so a night, sitting in the driveway with the car in accessory, learning how to use the NAV system, the Audio system, etc. All the time in Accessory mode.

If you are never supposed to have it in accessory mode, why in @#$($ would they have it?? :redcard:

BTW - other than 1 reset (Which actually occurred when I "started" the car and immediately shut it off because I did not mean to "start" it.) I have had no other problems with it (of the nature you are having). I did notice last night, that when my windshield washers squirted air, that the low washer fluid indicator does not work, but that is another issue I will have them fixed next time I am in the shop for hopefully scheduled maintenance.

I would be curious who told you that. I can guess, but I question where they got that information) When I first got my FFH, I spent an hour or so a night, sitting in the driveway with the car in accessory, learning how to use the NAV system, the Audio system, etc. All the time in Accessory mode.

If you are never supposed to have it in accessory mode, why in @#$($ would they have it?? redcard.gif

BTW - other than 1 reset (Which actually occurred when I "started" the car and immediately shut it off because I did not mean to "start" it.) I have had no other problems with it (of the nature you are having). I did notice last night, that when my windshield washers squirted air, that the low washer fluid indicator does not work, but that is another issue I will have them fixed next time I am in the shop for hopefully scheduled maintenance.

Exactly!!!!!!!! Let me also add that I am glad no one has had happen wht we have seen but it sure would be nice is a few or couple hundred of ya'll would.......it'd make my life a bit easier. Nuttin like the voice of one to rattle their cages.doh.gif

It was the service tech that told me not to use the accessory mode as it puts a strain on the systems. I am in complete agreement on why the fluk would they have it if..............huh.gif

This whole make it up as you go mentality is great if you are using common sense in what you say and making reasonable, true and accurate statements but what they are saying???????blink.gif C'mon ya'll.....lets get it together here.eek5.gif

Wait........... what's that I hear in the distance???????? Banjo's????????...........oh look it's Ned Beaty and..................

hysterical2.gif

Your service rep is full of crap about the glitches being caused by accessory mode. I have run my car for hours on accessory mode with no issues. There is no notice whatsoever in the user or service manual that states not to use accessory mode, other than you don't want to completely run down the 12V battery or the HVB.

Even if you had foobarred the HVB it would not cause any glitches on the display and the HVB monitor computer would have thrown an error code.

What might end up being Fords undoing with this car is the poor dealer training.

Jon

Exactly!!!!!!!! Let me also add that I am glad no one has had happen wht we have seen but it sure would be nice is a few or couple hundred of ya'll would.......it'd make my life a bit easier. Nuttin like the voice of one to rattle their cages.doh.gif

It was the service tech that told me not to use the accessory mode as it puts a strain on the systems. I am in complete agreement on why the fluk would they have it if..............huh.gif

This whole make it up as you go mentality is great if you are using common sense in what you say and making reasonable, true and accurate statements but what they are saying???????blink.gif C'mon ya'll.....lets get it together here.eek5.gif

Wait........... what's that I hear in the distance???????? Banjo's????????...........oh look it's Ned Beaty and..................

hysterical2.gif

Your service rep is full of crap about the glitches being caused by accessory mode. I have run my car for hours on accessory mode with no issues. There is no notice whatsoever in the user or service manual that states not to use accessory mode, other than you don't want to completely run down the 12V battery or the HVB.

Even if you had foobarred the HVB it would not cause any glitches on the display and the HVB monitor computer would have thrown an error code.

What might end up being Fords undoing with this car is the poor dealer training.

Jon

Ahhhh. Nevermind. The deck is certainly stacked against us as consumers.

Edited by oldschool1962

If you are never supposed to have it in accessory mode, why in @#$($ would they have it?? :redcard:

I too used that mode while learning the functions of the Hybrid. I also have used it a number of times while waiting for the wife to pay for gas.

I too used that mode while learning the functions of the Hybrid. I also have used it a number of times while waiting for the wife to pay for gas.

LIkewise, while doing some outdoor work (before the winter mess), I used my FFH's accessory mode exactly as I have done on previous vehicles. Sometimes, I'd have the FFH's radio playing for hours as I worked outside. Now, obviously, I didn't have the lights on, nor the fan. Nothing blew up, no batteries (!!!) were discharged.

I did notice last night, that when my windshield washers squirted air, that the low washer fluid indicator does not work, but that is another issue I will have them fixed next time I am in the shop for hopefully scheduled maintenance.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but since I said it in an earlier reply, I want to clear something up.

Over $30k for a very high tech car, and according to the owner's manual, THERE IS NO LOW WASHER FLUID INDICATOR!!. :rant:

At least there is no mention of it what-so-ever. Even my lowly Windstar has one. And considering where the tank is, it is very hard if not impossible to see the actual level until the squirts actually stop.

Over $30k for a very high tech car, and according to the owner's manual, THERE IS NO LOW WASHER FLUID INDICATOR!!. :rant:

Yeah.... this car is a mystery in some ways. The major engineering accomplishments are spot-on, nearly perfect. Just the little simple stuff that wasn't included....

Yeah.... this car is a mystery in some ways. The major engineering accomplishments are spot-on, nearly perfect. Just the little simple stuff that wasn't included....

Major enineering accomplishments???????? Have you been following my posts? hysterical.gif Maybe for you but not in my case.

Here's a hijack of my own. Has anyone experienced a stumble or lope in the vehicle when it is moving at 45-47mph? It's kinda like the car can't decide whether to use EV or the ICE. it is very noticeable and abrupt and is something that you can't miss. It happened when I was driving in an area where the speed limit was 45 and the road is relatively flat for about 2 miles. Wasn't trying to keep it in ev mode just driving the car but the pressure on the pedal was at a point where the car started to buck......yeah....that's the description I was grasping for.....buck!

Another thing is......

Anyone experienceing a sort of thud feel through the brake pedal/steering wheel when stepping on the brake over 35mph. Both don't happen all the time but every once in a while.....for nowfinger.gif

These are two symptoms in my FFHL that just started tonight.waiting.gif

Major enineering accomplishments???????? Have you been following my posts?

Yes I have and I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I wish I could help. I would never want to have your dealer.

But, I stand by my post.

Yes I have and I'm sorry you are going through all of this. I wish I could help. I would never want to have your dealer.

But, I stand by my post.

No problem with what you said lrymal and no need for you to feel sorry.....you didn't build my car.....although I do appreciate the sentiment. Still......... I know my tone isn't always sarchastic humor just so ya know I was just messing around a bit but..........I stand by my post(s) too. wink.gif lol.gif

I suspect a few low-rent items in the FFH are the result of cost-cutting. Lack of gas-strut supported hood, manual front passenger seat-back recline, and the aforementioned wiper fluid display!