markwilson66

Rattle in headliner

Anybody else hear a faint rattle coming from what sounds like inside the headliner? When the car is moving from 10~40 MPH and the radio is off I notice a light clicking rattle. If I lift my left hand behind by head and press up on the headliner a little bit it seems to go away as long as I hold my hand there. I have a moonroof and I'm not sure I can hear anything when the moonroof is open. Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this.

This is in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid with about 2500 miles on it.

Edited by markwilson66

Anybody else hear a faint rattle coming from what sounds like inside the headliner? When the car is moving from 10~40 MPH and the radio is off I notice a light clicking rattle. If I lift my left hand behind by head and press up on the headliner a little bit it seems to go away as long as I hold my hand there. I have a moonroof and I'm not sure I can hear anything when the moonroof is open. Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this.

This is in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid with about 2500 miles on it.

Check your sun visor. i had a rattle a couple of weeks after I got my FFH. I spent a week or so trying to figure out where it was coming from. Turns out the wife used the visor but didn't totally put it back in it's holding clip and in certain car movements I heard the rattle. Funny thing was it sounded like it was coming from inside the dashboard.

Dan

Has anybody put anything in the overhead eyeglass holder? That was my rattle until I wrapped the glasses in a tissue.

Ive got the 502A so I have a sunroof. There is a slight rattle in the head liner that I can stop by putting the slightest pressure on the corner just above the drivers seat headrest. I've gotten used to it but I would like to get rid of it. It more or less goes away when it gets warm out.

Jon

Has anybody put anything in the overhead eyeglass holder? That was my rattle until I wrapped the glasses in a tissue.

That's strange, mine seems to get worse when it's warmer. It may actually be coming from someplace different. Today it sounded like it was coming from the rear speaker shelf.

There is a sharp plastic lip in the sunroof area on mine that was rattling. I got some foam from Lowe's and shoved it in there so its flush and it stopped all the rattles.

That's strange, mine seems to get worse when it's warmer. It may actually be coming from someplace different. Today it sounded like it was coming from the rear speaker shelf.

I know this sounds weird but check to see what your settings are on your radio. I had mine set to "Surround" and my rear speaker shelf was rattling but when it switched it to "Stereo" the rattling stopped yet I had more bass response. I think when you have it in Surround it removes the low-pass filter that exists in the Stereo setup which prevents the woofers from attempting to produce notes lower than they are able to handle.

I hope this helps.

The rattle my car developed seemed to come from the front passenger seat. One day I shut the sun roof cover and the rattle stopped! I have an appointment next week for the dealer to fix (these rattles are covered under warrantee). All of the rattles that are mentioned above are more than likely a warrantee issue (not the glasses!!). This car is very solid and shouldn't make these noises. (Even my Lexus had an annoying dash rattle that was fixed by dealer). I was waiting to bring the FFH in for any other issue and just add on the rattle but I just haven't had any issues!

Ive got the 502A so I have a sunroof. There is a slight rattle in the head liner that I can stop by putting the slightest pressure on the corner just above the drivers seat headrest. I've gotten used to it but I would like to get rid of it. It more or less goes away when it gets warm out.

Jon

Did you ever get your headliner rattle resolved? Now that it is cooling off here I've noticed that it has come back for me. I really don't want to take it in to have the guys tear it apart if there is an easy fix.

Mark