oldschool1962

Sync Media Jukebox question

Okay.....I gotta know if anyone else out there has had any troubles like we are having.

I took a great deal of time painstakenly loading songs off of CD onto the juke box, organized them and initially it paid off. That is until just a coulpe weeks ago.

The songs started to skip, while driving on area roads. Yes it does hapen going over rough spots but it doesn't matter if it's a crater or pavement divider. It also happens randomly and in every song....depending on the road surface. Concrete is decidedly worse than asphalt but it still happens. It's the kind of skip that the old CD players would do before they had music sampling. I haven't heard a CD player skip in any of our cars in over a decade....or more.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

I was able to get my sales person to ride with me and he confirmed that it is happening. The reason I had him ride with me was I was pressed for time and he was available....plus I already had a service appt scheduled for tomorrow so I just needed a dealer representative to acknowledge it....and he did.

I also wanted to ask if anyone has had the car lurch forward on them while stopped at a stop light? Just so ya'll know....... I don't mean the lurch you feel when the ICE cycles on and off. It .....the car.....was in Full EV mode and the battery was driving the traction motor....display screen showed both a drain on the HV battery and the traction motor side of the power gauge was moving up........... but my foot was full on the brake. I'm also a Right foot only driver....unless it's a manual Trans......so my left foot is always firmly planted on the foot rest or floor. Just to cover the "do you drive with both feet" nay-sayers'.

I I really need some insght here. Between the regen brake issues, the glitches on the regen Icon (new issues), dash display, and now the sync and traction motor..........I just wish I had one of the cars that ya'll keep raving about.....this one got thru and needs to be put back or better yet.....put down. :banghead:

Edited by oldschool1962

If anyone runs into this down the road............you'll have to have the entire radio replaced as I found out today. Trouble is you loose everything that you download so.....use the USB/MP3 feature to save yourself what in my case was 3 weeks worth of work.

If anyone runs into this down the road............you'll have to have the entire radio replaced as I found out today. Trouble is you loose everything that you download so.....use the USB/MP3 feature to save yourself what in my case was 3 weeks worth of work.

Oldschool pick yourself up a cheap USB small laptop size portable hard drive. Then load all that music up on there so in the future like you said you don't loose all of that hard work. One little Tib Bit though. Make sure the hard drive is formated FAT32. Any other format type will not work. Just a little FYI

Nice meeting you today. Glad to here things are looking up for now on your car.

Tazzboo

Second new radio is in and it works beautifully except for the DSP unit in the trunk. At least that's what they think is the issue know. If so much other gremlin like activity was happening to the vehicle I'd be inclined to think so as well.

Now we wait to have the DSP unit replaced but it's nice having my Alttitude display back and since the Radio is done I can reinstally the 300cd's that were lost when the first one was replaced.

Until later.......shift.gif ......or the next thing that happens.headspin.gif

reload 300 CDs, yikes (FAT32 external sounds good), what happened with your sticky brakes (stuff sliding off the seats) ?

reload 300 CDs, yikes (FAT32 external sounds good), what happened with your sticky brakes (stuff sliding off the seats) ?

Tech felt that something may have gotten on the pads and caused them to stick being as they are metallic pads.

I personally doubt that something got on the pads to have caused the issues I experienced. For one thing....... what could it have been??????? given I don't off-road with the car nor was I driving thru any large puddles of water........ the roads were dry when it happened first and continued even after the rain started but it didn't rain enough to flood the roads. Plus........I have been using metallic or semi petallic pads in my brakes for 19 years now and not one issue with any other system....and that's been with cars/trucks/vans manufactured by Ford, Chevy, Mazda, Chrysler and Honda (not in respective order).........

I didn't want to argue with the guy.....he's actually a good guy.......and so I left it "at that" with him, documented it here and with an email to the dealer and also posted a comment about the car on Edmunds.com.

Car has been wierd all week except for yesterday. Things started or seemed to function again more like most of ya'll here or what I have read but there were a couple things more mileage based that I couldn't figure out. Mileage dropped to 30.2 after fill up and manually calculated but the display showd 36.7 and the weather has been mild here for days. I also spent time while the DD (dear daughter) was in swim practice last night comparing what the Tech's at Ford service line were saying in my RO notes to what was mentioned in the manual, sales literature, reviews, etc, etc, etc......and nothing they say matches any other published literature out there. The more I read and compared the more my contempt and anger for them grew so's not to have any more ill thoughts I just quit thinking about it.

Then today I took the car out and it all started over again. Mleage plumetted, regen acted up, hydraulic brakes functiong with little pedal pressure, brakes grabbed but then it stopped again when I decided to take the car up to the Dealer. They found out what I was talking about when they had the car for a couple of days.I guess we'll have to see what happens on the road today when we head to the DD's swim meet. Get a good bit of all driving types (hwy, city, rural, etc.....) on that trip so......until later.