Sign in to follow this  
ready_to_buy

Fusion SEL 4 cyl standard pricing + 301A / 302A options ?

Does anyone know why I am finding two different Standard Vehicle Prices for the same standard vehicle (2010 Fusion SEL 2.5L I4 engine). Of the 12 or so window stickers I just printed, 2 have a standard price of $24,655.00 and the rest have a standard price of $24,330.00. Please note that I am referring to the standard price before options and there is no color difference (exterior or interior) in the two cars at the higher price. From what I can tell by looking at the stickers they are exactly the same.

You are probably looking at window stickers from cars that were built on different sides of a price change for the model. Look on the sticker and check for a code of 025, 030, 035, etc -- the ones that are $24,330 may have code 030 and the ones that are $24,655 have a 035 (although I don't know exactly which price codes are in effect for which dates).

As for which options come with each package, download a brochure PDF from the Ford site and it should list them all there and you can decide which options are worth you shelling out the extra $$ or not. Good luck!

Below is my information before we bought using Z plan. I think you mean the 502a option plan which I think is a bargain since the price of the sum of the parts would be more than the bundled cost, if you could buy them separately. We are very happy with the car and half of our enthusiasm for driving it on 3 major trips already is the feature package in the 502a. Our average mpg since new, based on actual fill-up data is 39.1.

Does anyone know why I am finding two different Standard Vehicle Prices for the same standard vehicle (2010 Fusion SEL 2.5L I4 engine). Of the 12 or so window stickers I just printed, 2 have a standard price of $24,655.00 and the rest have a standard price of $24,330.00. Please note that I am referring to the standard price before options and there is no color difference (exterior or interior) in the two cars at the higher price. From what I can tell by looking at the stickers they are exactly the same.

Also along the lines of pricing, I would be interested in knowing if any recent (last 30-60 days) purchasers of Fusions were successful at negotiating a cash sales price that was under invoice and, if so, how you went about the negotiation.

Finally, please help stop my head from spinning about whether to hold out for a car with the 302A option (moon & tune + driver's vision) or settle for a 301A (moon & tune) car. I am noticing that some of the 301A cars have the $295.00 reverse sensing option added. What else do you get with the 302A option, e.g. cross traffic alert, rear view video camera, etc. that you make use of on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and insight. In the many hours I have spent searching on local, three regional Ford dealer sites and AutoTrader, I have only found 3 cars within 500 miles that meet my exact specs on the options (302A, no spoiler, exterior color = Smokestone or Sterling Gray). I don't mind going the distance and may settle for a spoiler if the price is right, but want to first make sure that I have made the right decision about the 302A option.

You might want to post this question in some other sections of the forum also. This is the Hybrid section. Welcome anyway.