Sign in to follow this  
WAFFH

Update NAV?

My 2010 FFH was built APR 2010 and the NAV does not have the altitude on the screen (Navigation System Supplement 1st printing)

I would like to update to the current NAV which has altitiude on it (Navigation System Supplement 2nd printing).

Can this be done? If so, how difficult? Would appreciate any help.

Where is this displayed? Mine list it if you click on the Where am I button under information.

The 2010 J2 Fusions have an updated software that includes the altitude, the "Nearby weather" feature, a scale bar on the zoom button and a few other enhancements. Unfortunately this is not a serviceable software update, but if you buy a new head unit, it will have the new software...

If you enter diagnostic mode (press and hold the 3 and 6 buttons), you can see the altitude there.

No software updates on a $2000 NAV system. Hmmmm - what if it "breaks" during the warranty period? Hmmmmm. :redcard:

This is the one issue with Built in NAv systems. Companies very rarely tend to have updates for the software like handheld GPS. On my old Mini they came out with updates, but dealers weren't allowed to give them to people. So we used to have to find them on the internet and flash our systems ourselves.