kirkster57

E&G Mesh Grille Installed

GReetings, I got the E&G mesh grille installed on my FFH today. Install went smooth,. When they pulled my car out from the shop I was blown away. It looks so much better with the new grille. Huge improvement. Here is a link to some photos, let me know what you all think.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-9/56476/2121568

I think it looks pretty good on the '10. I still like the stock grill on the Gen I. I would lower the Ford emblem to the center if it was mine.

I agree about the Ford emblem. It looks out of place because it's not centered on the grill. If it were mine, I would definitely move the emblem a bit lower to the center. Also, I'm not sure how well that whole thing goes with the cheapo plastic honeycomb black fog light surrounds. Honeslty, I don't know if I like this or not.. Whats important is that YOU like it.

GReetings, I got the E&G mesh grille installed on my FFH today.

Oh, the problems Ford gave us with the front end design! I don't like what they did on the trucks, don't like what they did to the cars. I have had my FFH since June, and still an not happy with that front end grill.

With that said, I applaud your taking the first step for the rest of us wondering how it would look. Lots of artistic opinions and as the earlier message stated, it is what you like. With that said, I'm not a fan of mesh grills, even the factory ones on the luxury cars, such as certain model Cadillac sor higher-end GM pickups. Lots of stuff comes into play, mainly personal preference.

For example, Cadillac's REALLY EXPENSIVE NOW (!!!!) sports car. I can't stand the grill:

381442911.jpg

It needs a break in the mesh, or something. If I were rich$$$$$$$$$$ and had that car, the grill would be the first thing I would attack.

OK, I then Photochopped your photo and tried to lower the FORD EMBLEM a bit. Ignore the mesh mismatches---kinda hard for me to do this. Like the others, I think the emblem needs to go down a bit. Not sure if the Photochop image helps. The mesh mis-match in this image bugs me too much, but I'm still including it here.

Good job on what you did. I wish I could see this in person.

381442913.jpg

Well... I'm getting mixed reveiws so far. The emplem can't be lowered. Two reasons. The mesh grille has a hole cut out for it. 2) there is a plastic grille mounting panel (factory) that the emblem attatches too. The install instructions are here;

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/uploads/24382010FordFusionMeshGrille.pdf

The grille does look better in person I think. Mixed revews so far. When I had the car in the shop all of the techs were admiring it. Car gets a lots of buzz where ever it goes. First question always is, what kid of MPG's are you getting? Second question is do I like it?

Oh, the problems Ford gave us with the front end design! I don't like what they did on the trucks, don't like what they did to the cars. I have had my FFH since June, and still an not happy with that front end grill.

With that said, I applaud your taking the first step for the rest of us wondering how it would look. Lots of artistic opinions and as the earlier message stated, it is what you like. With that said, I'm not a fan of mesh grills, even the factory ones on the luxury cars, such as certain model Cadillac sor higher-end GM pickups. Lots of stuff comes into play, mainly personal preference.

For example, Cadillac's REALLY EXPENSIVE NOW (!!!!) sports car. I can't stand the grill:

381442911.jpg

It needs a break in the mesh, or something. If I were rich$$$$$$$$$$ and had that car, the grill would be the first thing I would attack.

OK, I then Photochopped your photo and tried to lower the FORD EMBLEM a bit. Ignore the mesh mismatches---kinda hard for me to do this. Like the others, I think the emblem needs to go down a bit. Not sure if the Photochop image helps. The mesh mis-match in this image bugs me too much, but I'm still including it here.

Good job on what you did. I wish I could see this in person.

381442913.jpg

I think it looks so much better in your "shopped" photo. Good job by the way! Now that I have seen it centered, the offset one bugs me all the more. What a huge difference that makes.

If you don't like it, you might want to straighten E & G out.

THIS, the Ford Mondeo in Europe, has the grill I would like:

post-4149-126395421149_thumb.jpg

This photo comes from the Ford UK website

THIS, the Ford Mondeo in Europe, has the grill I would like:

post-4149-126395421149_thumb.jpg

This photo comes from the Ford UK website

See? Everyone has an opinion...That Mondeo grille is fugly to me...It looks like an old fashioned ice tray, or maybe a cheese chopper... i like the mesh one the OP showed, and I like the stock one, too.

See? Everyone has an opinion...That Mondeo grille is fugly to me...It looks like an old fashioned ice tray, or maybe a cheese chopper... i like the mesh one the OP showed, and I like the stock one, too.

Showing your age. Lot of the kids here don't know what an ice tray is....

Showing your age. Lot of the kids here don't know what an ice tray is....

Now thats just too funny! (and TRUE!!)

If you don't like it, you might want to straighten E & G out.

As with any commercial product that is for sale, we all vote with our $$ and my vote is "no sale." I'll stick with the OE 3-Bar chrome grill. That's my vote.

When I went to the list of E&G dealers on thier website, it pulled up a place up that was the closest to me, so I called them up and mad an appointment. It took a couple of hours. The dealer ordered the parts, they called me when that had arrived (a couple of days later) and i amde the appointment for the install. I still get a lot of complements from folks on hte grille. I get most of them from the staff at the dealership where I get my car serviced.

Hope this helps!

kirkster

I like it, I am thinking about putting the "Black Ice" one on my wife's new ride. Did you say you had somebody put it on for you? How long was the install? Where did you buy it from? Thanks.