royroddey

Sirius - how much are you paying?

SIRIUS XM Radio Reports Second Quarter 2010 Results

- Strong Double-Digit Revenue Growth Year Over Year - Adjusted EBITDA of $154 million, Up 17% Year Over Year - Company Raises Financial Guidance

NEW YORK, Aug 04, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced second quarter 2010 financial and operating results, including:

* $705.6 million of adjusted revenue, up 16% over second quarter 2009 adjusted revenue of $607.8 million; and

* $154.3 million in second quarter 2010 adjusted EBITDA, an increase of 17% over second quarter 2009 adjusted EBITDA of $132.2 million.

The discussion of adjusted operating results excludes the effects of stock-based compensation and certain purchase price accounting adjustments. Financial measures and metrics previously reported as "pro forma" have been renamed "adjusted."

"The sharp subscriber growth and double-digit increase in adjusted revenue and adjusted EBITDA show that we continued to execute on our business plan during the second quarter," said Mel Karmazin, Chief Executive Officer, SIRIUS XM. "Compared to the year ago quarter, gross additions increased by 46%, deactivations declined by 8%, and customers paid us on average 11% more each month - clearly showing just how much subscribers love our service. Free cash flow in the second quarter 2010 was $108.3 million compared to $12.7 million in the second quarter of 2009. Our business has improved substantially in the past year, and we look forward to a strong second half and 2011."

SIRIUS XM ended second quarter 2010 with a record-high 19,527,448 subscribers, an increase of more than 1.1 million subscribers compared to the end of second quarter 2009. Net subscriber additions of 583,249 in the second quarter of 2010 improved significantly from a net loss of 185,999 subscribers in the second quarter of 2009. In the second quarter 2010, average revenue per subscriber (ARPU) was $11.81, an increase of 11% from ARPU of $10.66 in the second quarter 2009. The company's self-pay monthly customer churn rate was 1.8% in the second quarter 2010, as compared with self-pay monthly customer churn of 2.0% in the second quarter 2009.

In June, the company completed the redemption of all of the $114 million of XM's outstanding 10% Senior PIK Secured Notes due 2011. "We will continue to examine deleveraging opportunities as they arise with the objective of decreasing interest expense and improving free cash flow." said David Frear, SIRIUS XM's Chief Financial Officer. "The combination of increased adjusted EBITDA and lower debt has improved our leverage ratio to approximately 4.6x, a historic low for our company."

On a GAAP basis, net income (loss) attributable to common stockholders for the second quarter of 2010 and 2009 was $15.3 million and ($159.6) million, respectively, or $0.00 and ($0.04) per diluted share, on revenue of $699.8 million and $590.8 million, respectively. The company's reported net income (loss) attributable to common stockholders included losses on extinguishment of debt in the second quarter of 2010 and 2009 of $31.9 million and $107.8 million, respectively. For the six months ended June 30, 2010 and 2009, net income (loss) attributable to common stockholders was $56.9 million and ($398.5) million, respectively, or $0.01 and ($0.11) per diluted share, on revenue of $1.36 billion and $1.18 billion, respectively.

INCREASED 2010 OUTLOOK

The company is increasing guidance for the full year 2010, projecting adjusted revenue will approach $2.8 billion and free cash flow will approach $150 million. SIRIUS XM continues to target approximately $575 million of adjusted EBITDA in 2010.

As previously announced, SIRIUS XM increased its guidance for net subscriber additions to approximately 1.1 million for the full year.

http://investor.sirius.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=496253

Call them and ask for the retentions department. Tell them you want the 1 year half off special that your friends are getting. I did that and got both my subs for half off. There a long thread on this at fatwallet.com.

The person was very nice (southern accent and spoke English) and offered something else that was like $145 a year paid in 2 installments. I politely said no thank you and I said I would just let my sub expire. She asked me to hold on and when she came back she verified the "flyer" was the $77 a year deal. I said yes and they said they could do that.

I was reading on the Sirius web site that it said that if you already had an existing Sirius radio that you could get a "multiple" discount and it would be $8.95/month for the additional, which I would be OK with. So now I have a second car with Sirius, sent an email to their customer service asking if I could add the second vehicle and get the multiple discount, never heard back from them. Now I have to call on the phone, I hate calling and get the customer service rat-maze runaround, no matter what company, not looking forward to this...

SIRIUS XM Radio Reports Second Quarter 2010 Results

- Strong Double-Digit Revenue Growth Year Over Year - Adjusted EBITDA of $154 million, Up 17% Year Over Year - Company Raises Financial Guidance

NEW YORK, Aug 04, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced second quarter 2010 financial and operating results, including:

* $705.6 million of adjusted revenue, up 16% over second quarter 2009 adjusted revenue of $607.8 million; and

* $154.3 million in second quarter 2010 adjusted EBITDA, an increase of 17% over second quarter 2009 adjusted EBITDA of $132.2 million.

The discussion of adjusted operating results excludes the effects of stock-based compensation and certain purchase price accounting adjustments. Financial measures and metrics previously reported as "pro forma" have been renamed "adjusted."

"The sharp subscriber growth and double-digit increase in adjusted revenue and adjusted EBITDA show that we continued to execute on our business plan during the second quarter," said Mel Karmazin, Chief Executive Officer, SIRIUS XM. "Compared to the year ago quarter, gross additions increased by 46%, deactivations declined by 8%, and customers paid us on average 11% more each month - clearly showing just how much subscribers love our service. Free cash flow in the second quarter 2010 was $108.3 million compared to $12.7 million in the second quarter of 2009. Our business has improved substantially in the past year, and we look forward to a strong second half and 2011."

SIRIUS XM ended second quarter 2010 with a record-high 19,527,448 subscribers, an increase of more than 1.1 million subscribers compared to the end of second quarter 2009. Net subscriber additions of 583,249 in the second quarter of 2010 improved significantly from a net loss of 185,999 subscribers in the second quarter of 2009. In the second quarter 2010, average revenue per subscriber (ARPU) was $11.81, an increase of 11% from ARPU of $10.66 in the second quarter 2009. The company's self-pay monthly customer churn rate was 1.8% in the second quarter 2010, as compared with self-pay monthly customer churn of 2.0% in the second quarter 2009.

In June, the company completed the redemption of all of the $114 million of XM's outstanding 10% Senior PIK Secured Notes due 2011. "We will continue to examine deleveraging opportunities as they arise with the objective of decreasing interest expense and improving free cash flow." said David Frear, SIRIUS XM's Chief Financial Officer. "The combination of increased adjusted EBITDA and lower debt has improved our leverage ratio to approximately 4.6x, a historic low for our company."

On a GAAP basis, net income (loss) attributable to common stockholders for the second quarter of 2010 and 2009 was $15.3 million and ($159.6) million, respectively, or $0.00 and ($0.04) per diluted share, on revenue of $699.8 million and $590.8 million, respectively. The company's reported net income (loss) attributable to common stockholders included losses on extinguishment of debt in the second quarter of 2010 and 2009 of $31.9 million and $107.8 million, respectively. For the six months ended June 30, 2010 and 2009, net income (loss) attributable to common stockholders was $56.9 million and ($398.5) million, respectively, or $0.01 and ($0.11) per diluted share, on revenue of $1.36 billion and $1.18 billion, respectively.

INCREASED 2010 OUTLOOK

The company is increasing guidance for the full year 2010, projecting adjusted revenue will approach $2.8 billion and free cash flow will approach $150 million. SIRIUS XM continues to target approximately $575 million of adjusted EBITDA in 2010.

As previously announced, SIRIUS XM increased its guidance for net subscriber additions to approximately 1.1 million for the full year.

http://investor.siri...eleaseID=496253

Yes, in it's quarterly report, every company puts a positive spin on everything it does . Usually, when you do the math, most of the "good" news is just that - spin, juggling the numbers. Blah, blah, blah. You really have to talk to consumers.

I renewed for a year last March for $120 plus fees, which turned into $138. I won't be doing it again. The Sirius stations cycle the music just as FM does; you rarely hear anything new. And if you want talk, listen to AM. Flash drives and cds make much more $en$e.