audiomidiman

2010 Fusion SEL... What do I need to hook up my iPod?

I have a 60 (or is it an 80 GB) iPod w/ Video... I can use the 1/8" jack but to have them talk I just need a standard USB2 to iPod Dock plug? Such as the one that came with the iPod?

I have a 60 (or is it an 80 GB) iPod w/ Video... I can use the 1/8" jack but to have them talk I just need a standard USB2 to iPod Dock plug? Such as the one that came with the iPod?

Yep...same cable you use to charge it from your computer. plug it in, let it index, press the sync button twice real quick and say "play album, track, artist, or playlist and name of the aforementioned, and enjoy. Or, you can press it once and let it prompt you.

It works pretty well in general, beware though, it doesn't always understand you lol.

Is there anything special that needs to be done for an Ipod Nano to work? My HTC Touch Pro2 works beutifully with Sync as a USB device and a blutetooth phone, but my wife has to use the line-in to listen to her Ipod, the USB wont detect it.

Is there anything special that needs to be done for an Ipod Nano to work? My HTC Touch Pro2 works beutifully with Sync as a USB device and a blutetooth phone, but my wife has to use the line-in to listen to her Ipod, the USB wont detect it.

I have a ipod Nano and it works perfectly with my sync. Just use the USB cable and wait for it to index. Then select USB and the voice controls will then work.

Yep, Sync is an audio accessory, and that takes over control from the iPod when using the 30 pin connector.