Sign in to follow this  
FFHdriver

My first sighting of a non- hybrid I4 engine

A friend just got a new I4 SEL Fusion. I got to look under the hood to compare it with my hybrid. Now I can understand why it's so easy to change headlight bulbs on that car. You can see the back of the bulbs,try finding the bulbs on a hybrid. Another good thing is the battery is in a different place and the + post isn't directly under the hood rod when the hood's closed. Also no plastic engine cover on his.

A friend just got a new I4 SEL Fusion. I got to look under the hood to compare it with my hybrid. Now I can understand why it's so easy to change headlight bulbs on that car. You can see the back of the bulbs,try finding the bulbs on a hybrid. Another good thing is the battery is in a different place and the + post isn't directly under the hood rod when the hood's closed. Also no plastic engine cover on his.

Id be interested in the gas mileage he gets. I hope he keeps records.

Knowing this guy I don't think he cares.

I looked at a SHO Taurus a couple weeks ago it has a plastic engine cover ...

I don't know about FFHdriver's friend but my MPG has been pretty good in my 2.5 I4. Now that the temps have dropped in to the 20's and below I'm averaging 21.9 to 22.3 MPG and in the summer 24 to 26 MPG. This is mostly city driving. I live 6 miles from my office 3 miles in city and 3 miles slow and go freeway. Last summer I took a trip to San Francisco by way of the Lincoln Highway and back to Minneapolis by I-80 and averaged 32.0 MPG overall. I got 38 MPG for a lot of the trip traveling 2 lane highway at 60+ mph. At one point on Hwy 50 in Nevada I was averaging 42 MPG. I took a photo of my console when the MPG read 46.7 MPG! I was driving eastbound out of the Sierras into Nevada. I don't know if it was a fluke or what but it was pretty cool. I attached the photo.

Edited by 2010 Sport Blue SEL