BlackenedFusion

No outside temp reading in 2010 Fusion SE?

My GF has a 2010 focus SES coupe with a nearly identical message center, but hers has the outside temp on the right side of the message center and mine is blank on my 2010 Fusion SE. Is this feature not available on my car? or do I have to switch it on? or do I have a problem?

Thanks for any info.

My GF has a 2010 focus SES coupe with a nearly identical message center, but hers has the outside temp on the right side of the message center and mine is blank on my 2010 Fusion SE. Is this feature not available on my car? or do I have to switch it on? or do I have a problem?

Thanks for any info.

Hi, I looked into this myself and found where the temperature sensor attaches open your hood and look down on the right side of the radiator there is a little tube. that is where the sensor is supposed to go it only cost like 47 bucks on fordparts.com but idk if you would need like a fuse or whatever.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2010&m=Ford&mo=Fusion#&&/wEXAQUHaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr

check it out here

Edited by zunehd2010

Hi, I looked into this myself and found where the temperature sensor attaches open your hood and look down on the right side of the radiator there is a little tube. that is where the sensor is supposed to go it only cost like 47 bucks on fordparts.com but idk if you would need like a fuse or whatever.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2010&m=Ford&mo=Fusion#&&/wEXAQUHaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr

check it out here

Did you see a wire or a plug that's used for that sensor? Im thinking that all you would need is the sensor, the harness and then plug it into either the back of the radio to power the display or it joins into the harness somewhere. I would need a wiring diagram and some warmer temps to go messing around with my car.

You can try this: $15 at Autozone

You need to fish the temp sensor through the firewall. The best location for the sensor for the most accurate temperature reading is in front on the grille, and low ( closer to the ground). When I installed this on another car, I find it easier to cut the sensor wire for fishing it , then splice the wire ends back togeter.

7_28001.jpg

Edited by twiggy144