Sign in to follow this  
lolder

FFH vs. Lexus HS 250h

An excerpt from N. Y. Times online (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/automobiles/autoreviews/13lexus.html?hpw) review today:

" The HS invites comparisons with the Ford Fusion Hybrid for reasons that begin with a similar-looking grille featuring bold horizontal bars. But the Ford is 6 inches longer and 1 (typo corrected) inch wider, a difference that makes the HS cabin feel more cozy. In the driver’s seat, I liked the cockpit feel, but my passengers, front and rear, felt cramped.

The Fusion Hybrid also offers more horsepower, faster acceleration and better fuel economy: 41 m.p.g. on the highway and 36 in the city for the Ford, compared with 34 and 35 for the Lexus.

With a starting price of $28,350, the Fusion Hybrid seems like more car for less money."

Lee

Edited by lolder

An excerpt from N. Y. Times online (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/automobiles/autoreviews/13lexus.html?hpw) review today:

" The HS invites comparisons with the Ford Fusion Hybrid for reasons that begin with a similar-looking grille featuring bold horizontal bars. But the Ford is 6 inches longer and 1 (typo corrected) inch wider, a difference that makes the HS cabin feel more cozy. In the driver’s seat, I liked the cockpit feel, but my passengers, front and rear, felt cramped.

The Fusion Hybrid also offers more horsepower, faster acceleration and better fuel economy: 41 m.p.g. on the highway and 36 in the city for the Ford, compared with 34 and 35 for the Lexus.

With a starting price of $28,350, the Fusion Hybrid seems like more car for less money."

Lee

I have to admit that it is a very nice looking car, but i'll take the Fusion anyday. That is mostly because my budget excludes the HS from my basket of goods. I am a fan of hybrids that look like normal vehicles.

I have to admit that it is a very nice looking car, but i'll take the Fusion anyday. That is mostly because my budget excludes the HS from my basket of goods. I am a fan of hybrids that look like normal vehicles.

I was all set and ready to purchase a FFH until the Lexus HS was announced. After reviewing the specs, although it was more expensive than the Ford, it seemed more appealing to me. I headed down to the dealer for a test drive..... and left a little disappointed. Granted, I currently drive a 335i and the HS was the first hybrid I've ever driven so I may have set my expectations too high. But there was something lacking about the way it drove and the interior layout in general. Afterwards I drove to the Ford dealership and test drove a FFH and was pleasantly surprised at the drive and car overall. It drove very well and felt really modern and "techy" (optioned with the 502 package). In my opinion, significantly better than the more expensive Lexus.

Thanks - that's an interesting opinion. Nothing like actually being in and driving the car to cut through the specs and reviews.

Yea, no kidding... cause basically it's a Prius with a nicer shell and

fatter pricetag.

Actually it's closest to a Camry hybrid. Don't knock Prius's, your FFH is one on steroids.

Lee

I was all set and ready to purchase a FFH until the Lexus HS was announced. After reviewing the specs, although it was more expensive than the Ford, it seemed more appealing to me. I headed down to the dealer for a test drive..... and left a little disappointed. Granted, I currently drive a 335i and the HS was the first hybrid I've ever driven so I may have set my expectations too high. But there was something lacking about the way it drove and the interior layout in general. Afterwards I drove to the Ford dealership and test drove a FFH and was pleasantly surprised at the drive and car overall. It drove very well and felt really modern and "techy" (optioned with the 502 package). In my opinion, significantly better than the more expensive Lexus.

Did you decided to purchase the FFH. I currently drive a Lexus IS350 and recently drove a HS for a loaner car.

Different class of car but after a recent test drive of the FFH, I would prefer to own it over the HS. FFH power and handling was much better than the HS.

FFH navigation had better graphics and the controls were more useful than the HS. HS interior materials were a higher quality but you expect that for the $10,000+ price difference.