Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

Red Flag on Nav Screen

About a 1/2 mile from my home there is a what looks like a red flag. There is a church at that location but there is also 3 other churches in less than a 1/2 mile from this church and these don't have red flags. I have turned off all the POI's and I still don't know what it is. I looked through the nav manual too and the it looks like the one for waypoint or startpoint but no number in the middle. Any ideas

The flag is probably identifying "Home" and my garmin does the same thing. Even though I set home in my driveway right outside the garage door, when I am approaching home from a trip it indicates that home is near to that point but located on the other side of the street. That's OK though by me because if someone ever steals my car with the GPS working, it will not take them directly back to my house. Remember, there's a working garage door opener in my car too so anyone with access to my car has access to my home too. You're better off not setting the home position right at your home just for that reason. Anyway, I'll bet that's what your red flag indicates...

Edited by Rodeo

The flag is probably identifying "Home" and my garmin does the same thing. Even though I set home in my driveway right outside the garage door, when I am approaching home from a trip it indicates that home is near to that point but located on the other side of the street. That's OK though by me because if someone ever steals my car with the GPS working, it will not take them directly back to my house. Remember, there's a working garage door opener in my car too so anyone with access to my car has access to my home too. You're better off not setting the home position right at your home just for that reason. Anyway, I'll bet that's what your red flag indicates...

Thats not it as it shows my home with a house icon.

Edited by DaveM

Thats not it as it shows my home with a house icon.

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Stumps me! But then I use a garmin, not the built in FOMOCO Nav.

Saw a story a few years ago about a guy that stole a GPS from someone's car then sold it at a pawn shop. The cops had an easy time of finding who the thief was, because he had reset the home location to his house.

Here's an article on why you should not set your home location on the GPS. Link