fsb99

Sirius Subscription

Do you mean local traffic (audio) channel or traffic on the Nav system? The reason I ask is because I renewed my Audio sub but not the other stuff. I found the electronic traffic information to be actually worse than nothing. The data was very late (like an hour late) or was completely wrong. The auto-routing around construction or traffic was a joke. For instance if there was a ramp under construction it would route you around the whole highway - even if the route did not include actually going on the ramp.

FM radio around here (Minneapolis metro) has gone to heck - it is absolutely terrible during rush hour. 2 minutes of music with 10 of commercials. Outside of rush hour at least it is about 50% music and 50% commercials.

I hate the fact that with sat radio you pay and the content is still not commercial free (ads for sat radio is *STILL* commercials) but at least there is music in there. I have a very large collection of purchased music but I still like to hear new stuff.

Jon

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have found a good price for Sirius subscription. My complimentary 6-month just expired a couple of weeks ago. I generally use the Sirius service only for traffic info and maybe 1-2 channels occasionally so I haven't researched for any great deals they may offer. I did get a few calls but declined based on price. I then received a short term offer (3 months for the price of 1 - $12.95). Just looking to see if anyone has had luck in getting a better longer term VALUE pricing - anything from 1 year to lifetime. Thanks!

KROQ...I remember them. I also remember when KLOS was the good one along with KMET.

Anyway, I got my wife the lifetime plan on her 07 Edge for $275.00. She listens to it a lot, and I don't. If you talk to the people, you CAN negotiate the price. At least you could. I don't know if it has changed or not.

The Nav Traffic and Weather is free for 3 years - right?

Hasn't anybody gotten Sirius to give them the $78/yr deal? I have another

car with it and when it expired, I just said "no" - and they immediately

hand you off to customer retention and give you their latest deal without

to much argument.

Has anybody with the FFH gotten any sort of deal from Sirius customer

retention? What I don't know is if what they are willing to offer

you varies but what kind of car you have or anything else.

From what I can tell, they can't afford to lose any subscribers

when it cost them nothing to keep you even at rock bottom prices.

I believe Sirius travellink is only free for the first 6 months. It is pretty amazing and would definately be a storm-chaser's dream due to the ability to do so much.

When mine expires in 4.5 months, i'm debating whether it will be worth it for me.

The Nav Traffic and Weather is free for 3 years - right?

Hasn't anybody gotten Sirius to give them the $78/yr deal? I have another

car with it and when it expired, I just said "no" - and they immediately

hand you off to customer retention and give you their latest deal without

to much argument.

Has anybody with the FFH gotten any sort of deal from Sirius customer

retention? What I don't know is if what they are willing to offer

you varies but what kind of car you have or anything else.

From what I can tell, they can't afford to lose any subscribers

when it cost them nothing to keep you even at rock bottom prices.

Both the radio and travellink are gratis for 6 months. The three year thing is for people with SYNC without nav system.

The radar data is very low-res and usually at least 10 min old. I switched over to my iPhone for better traffic and radar.

Jon

I believe Sirius travellink is only free for the first 6 months. It is pretty amazing and would definately be a storm-chaser's dream due to the ability to do so much.

When mine expires in 4.5 months, i'm debating whether it will be worth it for me.

Thanks! We are 2 months into it, and we have gotten quotes for ~$150 a year. We are new to Sirius and we like it alot, since when we travel (mostly hiking or skiing trips) we are often in remote areas where we can't get good AM or FM. We like the talk radio, Fox and CNN for news and commentary, plus specialized music. So that's 3 deals we will wait for at 6 months $12.95 for 3 months, $78 a year, or a lifetime for $275.

Both the radio and travellink are gratis for 6 months. The three year thing is for people with SYNC without nav system.

The radar data is very low-res and usually at least 10 min old. I switched over to my iPhone for better traffic and radar.

Jon

LOL, I noticed that it appears to be fairly low-res, but I have to admit that it was rather impressive. I don't have an i-phone, and don't even have a blue-tooth phone yet as i'm always behind the latest tech stuff. Phones just don't seem interesting to me, so it is a low priority item for me.

I was playing around with the radar though, and you do get enough details where you might be able to make some imminent predictions. If anything, you could use it to avoid potentially interesting weather with just basic knowledge. If anything, it will tell you what you are getting ready to drive into.

I let mine expire, too. Not worth >$100 year. Last night, I got an offer in the mail for about $5/month for 6 months. OK, that's reasonable. Oh, then the fine print says that they'll continue to renew it at then-current rates unless I cancel it. That sounds like >$100/year.

Unless I have an ongoing, reasonable priced contract, I'm still going to decline. I had cable TV and know how renewals and multiple price increases per year work. No subscription means no surprises!

Bob

I'm pretty annoyed with XM/Sirius right now and I'm a shareholder. They keep stating their systems are not compatible, I had an XM mutli-radio discount prior to my FFH. When I got the FFH I went from XM to Sirius (though I like XM better) but they won't give you the mutli radio discount because they are not on the same system which is BS. Its the same damn company. XM usually is pretty good with giving you a really nice deal, I don't know about Sirirus yet, I still got 4 months of my trial left, I did get something in the mail telling me to call for the best rates though.

I'm pretty annoyed with XM/Sirius right now and I'm a shareholder. They keep stating their systems are not compatible, I had an XM mutli-radio discount prior to my FFH. When I got the FFH I went from XM to Sirius (though I like XM better) but they won't give you the mutli radio discount because they are not on the same system which is BS. Its the same damn company. XM usually is pretty good with giving you a really nice deal, I don't know about Sirirus yet, I still got 4 months of my trial left, I did get something in the mail telling me to call for the best rates though.

I have this same exact issue and they have been dishing this line for many months (2 years now). I have

XM in the house and other car with Sirius and no combo discount. In fact the FFH is my 2nd

car with Sirius and they STILL will not gave a 2nd car discount for the FFH - you cannot register

the FFH as a 2nd radio with Sirius online. I did this with XM before my free subscription

ended on my Acura. In fact, they tell me it is currently impossible to do

this because there is "something special" about the Ford+FFH+Sirius. I didn't get into it too much

since I am still in the free 6 months (has more to do with that I think) and will see what happens

when I expire. This may also be because I got a special $79 rate for 1 year for my VW with Sirius

and I am guessing this blocks out adding a 2nd car at the reduced rate - just guessing. As soon

as I went to cancel it in my VW they give me the $79 - surprised nobody has got this offer with

the FFH.

Think how much money they will lose if they give a discount for XM or Sirius as 2nd radios. How

many of you own also own a Honda/Acura with XM - lots I bet! No deal for all of you! What

a net revenue hit that will be, of course they don't want to do it. Banks combine their systems

every day, XM/Sirius can combine them - just just don't want to and FCC hasn't make them.

Thanks! We are 2 months into it, and we have gotten quotes for ~$150 a year. We are new to Sirius and we like it alot, since when we travel (mostly hiking or skiing trips) we are often in remote areas where we can't get good AM or FM. We like the talk radio, Fox and CNN for news and commentary, plus specialized music. So that's 3 deals we will wait for at 6 months $12.95 for 3 months, $78 a year, or a lifetime for $275.

My 6 month freebie ran out and I love it, so renewed for a year as a special from Sirius. It was around $150 for 15 months (free 3 month added to the 12 month sub I think)

My 6 month freebie ran out and I love it, so renewed for a year as a special from Sirius. It was around $150 for 15 months (free 3 month added to the 12 month sub I think)

Noel, does that offer include Travel Link?

My subscription expired in November and I have received some mail-in offers for a discounted rate for the first 3 months. The problem is I am still getting all the Sirius channels, so why bother?

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have found a good price for Sirius subscription. My complimentary 6-month just expired a couple of weeks ago. I generally use the Sirius service only for traffic info and maybe 1-2 channels occasionally so I haven't researched for any great deals they may offer. I did get a few calls but declined based on price. I then received a short term offer (3 months for the price of 1 - $12.95). Just looking to see if anyone has had luck in getting a better longer term VALUE pricing - anything from 1 year to lifetime. Thanks!

Noel, does that offer include Travel Link?

No it does not, Travelink is a separate option. I extended my Sirius for 3 years, was something like $9 per month when done for 36 months. However, the Travelink is a separate subscription and was $5.99 per month for those 36 months. I also paid for that, but that was probably a waste as I use the Sirius all the time but rarely ever use the Travelink.

I feel the lifetime Sirius subscription is a good deal. I plan to keep my FFH for ten years or more. Those without the NAV option have free Nav & Directions with Microsoft Sync for up to three years with the upgrade to Sync 3.0. The version is now 3.1.

Edited by Sporty

I got a portable Sirius music player for Christmas (Stiletto its called, fairly neat) so I had to look at actually paying for Sirius as I'm on the free system still with the FFH. They did let me register it as a second device but after "activation charge' and 6 months I got dinged almost $90 Canadian for 6 months. I asked about the lifetime package as I'd like to pay and be done with it but they discontinued that at least in Canada in June I was told. I don't like the idea of having to pay around $25 a month for my car and my portable player come this Spring but I do love Sirius. Hopefully they will come out with some promotions. I'd like to get sent to the customer retention desk :)

Hopefully they will come out with some promotions. I'd like to get sent to the customer retention desk :)

My complimentary 6-mo sub. recently expired and they haven't been aggressively courting me! Just one letter for an aforementioned renewal, no calls or emails.

I really like the Travel Link, but have no great desire for the basic Sirius format. We probably won't come to terms, but wish they'd try!

Scott, I'm like you. I really like the Sirius Travel Link service, but really don't use the Sirius Music service. My free 6 months ends Feb 1, and I've already started getting mail. Let us know if you work a deal!

--

Michael

quote name='Scott A320' date='31 December 2009 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1262289267' post='19011']

My complimentary 6-mo sub. recently expired and they haven't been aggressively courting me! Just one letter for an aforementioned renewal, no calls or emails.

I really like the Travel Link, but have no great desire for the basic Sirius format. We probably won't come to terms, but wish they'd try!

In 2004, I purchased the lifetime membership. It has been great, I highly recommend it. My wife got a FFH and I added her with a lifetime membership. You can get the price of 6 month service taken off of the lifetime price. Someone (Ford via you) has already paid for the 6 months, so if you call right away, they will discount it. If you wait or let it expire, then you probably can't get it off.

Be thankful it's not a GM with Onstar instead. When that trial expirs they actually have one of their sales operators call you via Onstar to talk to you about renewing. They have a direct connection to your ear. I don't think my Daughter renewed though but I'll have to ask her.

See the latest commercials with Howie Long explaining to another gut that in the event of a crash, you likely misplace your cell phone etc? (His justification for maintaining Onstar in the vehicle) well what they fail to mention is that if your car's battery gets taken out in the crash, you lose Onstar anyway. So it's a crapshoot in a major collision anyway.

Can't wait to get my Sirius 6 month trial as I never had Sat radio. It would have to be awfully cheap though for me to keep it.

Sirius or XM I think it's great! All you can hear on local stations are commercials all day long, quite annoying ...