mbaptista

DVD UNLOCKED/ADDRESS INPUT UNLOCKED

Has anyone installed a "Sync Lockpick" device from Coastal Tech in a Ford/Mercury with the hard disk Sync system? They claim to "Fully enable all the blocked functions of your factory navigation system!

DVD in motion, Navigation address input while in motion, Factory or aftermarket Camera control in any gear"

I'd like to find out how it works before purchasing it.

Has anyone installed a "Sync Lockpick" device from Coastal Tech in a Ford/Mercury with the hard disk Sync system? They claim to "Fully enable all the blocked functions of your factory navigation system!

DVD in motion, Navigation address input while in motion, Factory or aftermarket Camera control in any gear"

I'd like to find out how it works before purchasing it.

Search the forum for 'coastal', I remember seeing a post that somebody reported successful results.

:redcard: Word of caution about fiddlin with your NAV. :redcard: With the latest run of Text banning and Cell phone restrictions while driving, this may be something you want to avoid. Here's why. If you have an accident, and it is somehow found out that your NAV was hacked to bypass the safety protocols built in, you may wind up with a liability suit. In this day and age of sue happy people and hungry laywers, you never can tell what may happen. All it takes is the opposing side to claim you were distracted by doing something on your NAV while driving and that would lay the burden on proof that you weren't on you. The young girl who downloaded a ringtone and killed a kid on a bike hasn't helped either.

Laywers suck, just remember that. Watch, it wont be long until this will be the next thing on the ban list. :cry:

:redcard: Word of caution about fiddlin with your NAV. :redcard: With the latest run of Text banning and Cell phone restrictions while driving, this may be something you want to avoid. Here's why. If you have an accident, and it is somehow found out that your NAV was hacked to bypass the safety protocols built in, you may wind up with a liability suit. In this day and age of sue happy people and hungry laywers, you never can tell what may happen. All it takes is the opposing side to claim you were distracted by doing something on your NAV while driving and that would lay the burden on proof that you weren't on you. The young girl who downloaded a ringtone and killed a kid on a bike hasn't helped either.

Laywers suck, just remember that. Watch, it wont be long until this will be the next thing on the ban list. :cry:

Thanks for the tip, but if I wanted a risk free life I'd never drive a car.