Sign in to follow this  
Icebreaka

Sync Related Battery Problem

I've had my car about 2 months now and I ended up having a strange issue crop up that I thought I'd let others know about. We had the sync system fail on our car. You couldn't get it to acknowledge if you pushed the sync option or get a phone to connect to it or anything. Took it into the dealer and they said they hadn't seen that before and scheduled a visit.

Before we got to the visit one morning the car battery was completely dead. Didn't leave any lights on or anything like that (not sure if you even can, we leave it in auto lights anyway). Got it jumped and took it to the dealer and they spent 3 days looking it over to find the issue. Turns out the two incidents were related. There is a bug they had to do a system update for on the sync that causes excessive battery draw and basically sat there overnight and drained the battery. Once they figured that out and did the update problem was totally solved.